Adver-Video Glitch?

SarafinaWolf7

When I try to play Adver-Video, I get this error message:

Erorr Code: 200. Please try again later!

I've gotten the same message for about two weeks.

Does anyone else get this error message? Why is this happening? When will it be fixed?

I'm missing out on NPs because of this!

Well, it's working now. It has happened to me before. They have that error message (most likely) because they are putting in new commercials for the show, or are making new/renewing contracts. After all, the whole point of the Adver Video game is to watch the commercials and buy the products, which mind you, most of us don't do. xD

I believe that simply means that a contract with an advertising company has run out and/or they need new ads to play. Sometimes they only have one, and that can be rather useless seeing as watching the same ad 5 times a day does not make you want to buy the product. In fact, it makes you NOT want to buy their product. So they usually have those messages when they need one or two more ads to show.

I had been having that error about a month ago for a week or two but since then I haven't had a problem. How can it work for me but not work for someone else if it's just the companies that haven't paid for their ads or whatever?

It might be unrelated to this case, but Adblock Plus has been known to interfere with Adver-Video (after all, one blocks ads and the other plays them :P ). It's best to make sure the actual Adver-Video page (not the launch page, the game itself) is whitelisted if you're using Adblock. :yes: If you haven't already done this yourself and you don't have TDN's Adblock filter list, you can just go to Adblock Plus' options (Tools > Adblock Plus Preferences) and add the following filter:

@@|http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash.phtml?va=&game_id=683*|

If that doesn't fix the problem... well, then it's not Adblock-related. :P

I just saw your post and I when to try it but a strange thing happen: It does not show the error anymore so I can play the video but then it doesn't show anything and it strange away when to the wheel spinning page I find it strange so I when to refresh my page and indeed no nps were rewarded anyone has this problem?

I've just tried it and gotten the same result as well - but it doesn't seem to be Adblock-related, as it still happens (at least, it still happens to me) when Adblock is disabled...

FINALLY. After weeks of not working, it's letting me play again!

yeah, you are right. it is back again.

watching it again for NPs :D

Edit:

hhhmmm... it is now working but i still did not earn any NPs from the advert videos.

Can anyone put a link for it, cuz I am too lazy...I know it seems akward but I have spent 12/24 of one day of my weekend playing HP 1 On PS2, cuz my memoeruy card is not working, thanks a tonne.