Key Quest Epic fail

AntiGravityAzn

So, I posted this about a week ago on this forum in another topic:

I tried playing this last night several times and I've tried it again today, but the page just sticks on that blue screen with the white circle in the centre. I let it sit there for 10-15 minutes, thinking the game was just VERY slow at loading (lol, wishful thinking), but alas! No game :(

Does anyone have similar problems? I doubt it's my computer...meaning, my laptop is nearly brand new and I don't believe anything running on Neopets is too advanced to run with my computer specs ;)

I figured this would pass and that I would be playing KQ in not time, but I'm still unable to. I still can't play it :( I have posted on the Neopets Help AND Keyquest boards and I keep getting irritating answers like "it works for me" and "try waiting for it to load" or "maybe your computer is too old."

Does anyone have a remedy for this? I have let this game sit for over 45 minutes while I exercise or eat dinner and it still never loads. I try loading the standard one and also the beta versions, and neither work. I've also sent in 3-4 tech support forms to NP as well.

I am running Firefox 3 on a nearly-brand-new HP laptop. I can run all other Neopets games quickly and successfully except for Key Quest.

Help?

Have you tried loading it on IE or another browser? Some games won't work for me on Firefox which is irritating. Key Quest does work for me in FF but then again HATIC works for some in FF when it doesn't for me. If that makes sense...

First, try it in a different browser. Internet Explorer is one option. Google Chrome is another.

Second, uninstall and reinstall Flash.

Before putting in too much more work, I'd try the second account theory at this point if you're still having the issue. Just try loading it.

Third, if you're still having a problem in Firefox only, try uninstalling Firefox, uninstalling Flash, and then installing Firefox, then Flash, in that order.

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't have any good answers for you. I'd say to find another computer to play it on at that point.

Ugh, I am destined to to Key Questless :P

My flash is updated, after uninstalling and reinstalling it, I have also ui/ri Firefox.

I will be installing Internet Exploder and Google Chrome tonight to see if they work...otherwise, grr.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions :)

I don't know about your situation but at one point when I wasn't able to play I tried something really weird and it let me play..

I removed all but 2 tokens from my Key Quest quick list and for some odd reason it WORKED after that.. :S I could not tell you why but maybe try it? It doesn't hurt to try I suppose..

Or can you not even load the collector's case? D: If so, please disregard my message.

So I still can't load it on Firefox. That white circle will go around once and then stop and freeze there for however long I leave the page there.

I installed IExploder and Google Chrome and I have gotten a small step further...the white circle will now rotate more than once on the light blue background, but I'm still not even getting an actual screen. But I guess more than one rotation is good *grim laughter*

I've spoken with a few other people on Neopets and they've experienced the same problem, so it's somewhat comforting to know that it's not a NeoConspiracy against me, lol :)

MIMI: I can load EVERYTHING on Neopets, lol :D I can load games, my Collector's Case, the new NeoHome application, everything...except for this silly game.

Does anyone here know if there is a way to actually SPEAK to someone from Neopets? Like Tech Support? I've filled out my share of the support forms :P