Recruit at Level 34

10 Healing

0 Group Healing

11 Group Shielding

0 Mesmerization

0 Celestial Hammer

2 Innate Melee Defense

10 Innate Casting Haste

Now, no offense, but I find this even more ridiculous than the last.

Talinia:

Slowing Strike is not needed. Any slowing done should be done via a potion. So what if Slowing Strike slowdowns are stacked? By the end, they are hevaily resisted. You'd probably have a better chance slowing them down with a Level 1 Ranged Strike than a 5 Slowing Strike. Put Slowing Strike points into Ranged. Slowing Strikes are also not needed against normal enemies, since there's Group Haste and the fact that you're so intent on stuffing so many points into the Haste abilities instantly.

Velm:

By far the most ridiculous.

1. GROUP HEALING. USE IT. Healing is useless, that's what potions are for. Get hit by a Group Direct Damage spell, and what're you going to do? Use 3 potions and a Healing spell? That's 4 turns wasted. Practically all damage done at that point can be healed via a Group Healing spell. Late in the game, not so much, but either way, it's infinitely better than Healing. What's better, healing Rohane for 100, or healing every for 64 each? And being defensive, you wouldn't heal at the last second right? You'd keep your party with good amount of health constantly, which Group Healing does, but Healing doesn't.

The rest of Velm, I'm fine with, but putting Healing over Group Healing just made it useless.

I also found some of my notes that I made in my first trial run:

- Slowing Potions/Mipsy's slowing slows melee attack cooldown and somewhat slows magic attack cooldown.

Talinia's Slowing Strike somewhat slows melee attack cooldown, BUT slows down magic attack cooldown quite a bit.

- For those finding Direct Damage easily resisted, I found one way to increase the chance of it hitting. If I found my Direct Damage was resisted easily by X enemy, I would Mesmerize (Level 1) the enemy. Whether or not it's resisted, Direct Damage would hit around 90% of the time afterwards.

Never really noticed a difference for the slowing thing. Especially where it counts. Time between turns was relatively close to each regardless of moves used.

Mesmerization is just a waste if you're using it to augment the accuracy of Direct Damage spells, IMO. (Not even sure if it's true) As for it hitting, it's really up to chance. I don't think anyone would bother doing that against resistant bosses in the first place.

Overall, I think you're kinda going way to analytical on this. There's no need to go this deep to beat Neoquest 2. :/

Looking at that link, it seems like you're using Rohane as a "meat shield" and having every other character as an attacker... Which doesn't really make sense. There's also the fact that the link clearly states that "it isn't worth it" and that "the time efficient skill set up could possibly win you the game in half the time. I wouldn’t consider this unless you’re playing insane and want to be extra safe." Trust me, being extra safe in Normal is NOT neccessary.

Not only that, but enemies endgame have abilities. They have Damage Shields, Group Haste, Damage spells, Stunning, Critcal, etc. What're you going to do when your characters are all low on health because they're attacking through Terask II's damage shield? Healing with potions? Probably, since your skill set seems to be central over that idea that only Rohane will sustain damage.

Talinia: [role: Main Melee Damage Dealer/Multiple, Slower]

Recruit at Level 25

5 Increased Bow Damage

6 Multiple Targets

0 Ranged Strike

5 Shockwave

0 Slowing Strike (will increase later)

0 Innate Magic Resistance

8 Innate Melee Haste

Velm: [role: Healer, Protector]

Recruit at Level 34

10 Healing

0 Group Healing

11 Group Shielding

0 Mesmerization

0 Celestial Hammer

2 Innate Melee Defense

10 Innate Casting Haste

Now, no offense, but I find this even more ridiculous than the last.

Talinia:

Slowing Strike is not needed. Any slowing done should be done via a potion. So what if Slowing Strike slowdowns are stacked? By the end, they are hevaily resisted. You'd probably have a better chance slowing them down with a Level 1 Ranged Strike than a 5 Slowing Strike. Put Slowing Strike points into Ranged. Slowing Strikes are also not needed against normal enemies, since there's Group Haste and the fact that you're so intent on stuffing so many points into the Haste abilities instantly.

Okay. Talinia is the most problematic character of the four anyways.

Velm:

By far the most ridiculous.

1. GROUP HEALING. USE IT. Healing is useless, that's what potions are for. Get hit by a Group Direct Damage spell, and what're you going to do? Use 3 potions and a Healing spell? That's 4 turns wasted. Practically all damage done at that point can be healed via a Group Healing spell. Late in the game, not so much, but either way, it's infinitely better than Healing. What's better, healing Rohane for 100, or healing every for 64 each? And being defensive, you wouldn't heal at the last second right? You'd keep your party with good amount of health constantly, which Group Healing does, but Healing doesn't.

The rest of Velm, I'm fine with, but putting Healing over Group Healing just made it useless.

Group Healing wasn't neglected. It was going to be raised to 10-11 around the time of Esophagor, but early on it would be just Healing.

I also found some of my notes that I made in my first trial run:

- Slowing Potions/Mipsy's slowing slows melee attack cooldown and somewhat slows magic attack cooldown.

Talinia's Slowing Strike somewhat slows melee attack cooldown, BUT slows down magic attack cooldown quite a bit.

- For those finding Direct Damage easily resisted, I found one way to increase the chance of it hitting. If I found my Direct Damage was resisted easily by X enemy, I would Mesmerize (Level 1) the enemy. Whether or not it's resisted, Direct Damage would hit around 90% of the time afterwards.

Never really noticed a difference for the slowing thing. Especially where it counts. Time between turns was relatively close to each regardless of moves used.

Mesmerization is just a waste if you're using it to augment the accuracy of Direct Damage spells, IMO. (Not even sure if it's true) As for it hitting, it's really up to chance. I don't think anyone would bother doing that against resistant bosses in the first place.

Oh man. If Slowing Strike sucks now, might as well put it into Ranged like you say, then.

Overall, I think you're kinda going way to analytical on this. There's no need to go this deep to beat Neoquest 2. :/

Looking at that link, it seems like you're using Rohane as a "meat shield" and having every other character as an attacker... Which doesn't really make sense. There's also the fact that the link clearly states that "it isn't worth it" and that "the time efficient skill set up could possibly win you the game in half the time. I wouldn’t consider this unless you’re playing insane and want to be extra safe." Trust me, being extra safe in Normal is NOT neccessary.

Heh. I can't help but be analytical. I've participated in the making/creating of quite a few games. Dunno if I'm allowed to say it, but this is one of my bigger projects.

Not only that, but enemies endgame have abilities. They have Damage Shields, Group Haste, Damage spells, Stunning, Critcal, etc. What're you going to do when your characters are all low on health because they're attacking through Terask II's damage shield? Healing with potions? Probably, since your skill set seems to be central over that idea that only Rohane will sustain damage.

Once again, I want both Healing and Group Healing on my Velm.

---

Okay, so lemme see if I have this right now:

Chapter 1:

Rohane (32 HP, +6 per level)

Level 2: +1 Innate Melee Haste

Level 3: +1 Innate Melee Haste

Level 4: +1 Innate Melee Haste

Level 5: +1 Damage Increase, attempt Dark Cave

Level 6: +1 Stunning Strikes, beat Miner Foreman

Level 7: +1 Damage Increase

Level 8: +1 Damage Increase

Level 9: +1 Innate Melee Haste, attempt Underground Cave

Level 10: +1 Critical Attacks, attempt Mysterious Tower

Level 11: +1 Innate Magic Resistance, beat Zombom

Level 12: +1 Battle Taunt, recruit Mipsy

Rohane:

1 (+?) Critical Attacks

3 (+?) Damage Increase

0 (+?) Combat Focus

1 (+?) Stunning Strikes

1 (+?) Battle Taunt

1 (+?) Innate Magic Resistance

4 (+?) Innate Melee Haste

Rohane/Mipsy (14 HP, +4 per level)

Level 12M: +7 Direct Damage, +4 Innate Casting Haste

Level 13: +1 Damage Increase/+1 Direct Damage

Level 14: +1 Damage Increase/+1 Direct Damage

Level 15: +1 Stunning Strikes/+1 Group Haste, beat Sand Grundo

Level 16: +1 Damage Increase/+1 Innate Melee Defense, attempt Tower on a Hill

Level 17: +1 Critical Attacks/+1 Group Direct Damage

Level 18: +1 Innate Melee Haste/+1 Innate Melee Defense

Level 19: +1 Innate Magic Resistance/+1 Innate Casting Haste, beat Ramtor

Level 20: +1 Innate Melee Haste/+1 Group Haste, attempt Ramtor's Tower

Level 21: +1 Innate Magic Resistance/+1 Innate Casting Haste, beat Ramtor

End of Chapter 1

Rohane:

2 (+?) Critical Attacks

6 (+?) Damage Increase

0 (+?) Combat Focus

2 (+?) Stunning Strikes

1 (+?) Battle Taunt

3 (+?) Innate Magic Resistance

6 (+?) Innate Melee Haste

Mipsy:

9 (+?) Direct Damage

1 (+?) Group Direct Damage

2 (+?) Group Haste

0 (+?) Slowing

0 (+?) Damage Shields

2 (+?) Innate Melee Defense

6 (+?) Innate Casting Haste

- I didn't go for 11 Direct Damage this time, because I realized it'll be two hits to kill anyways.

Once again, I want both Healing and Group Healing on my Velm.

Useless. Velm is not Mipsy. He only needs one of the two spells, and that one is Group Healing. Jhudora's Lifeforce Potions and Fyora's Potions heal more. Put 11 points into Group Healing first, them put some of the points you want to spend for Healing into Mesmerization and Melee Defense. Trust me, there is no point in the game where you'll run out of potions and Group Healing isn't an option. Healing has no point in the game, unless you want to uselessly heal massive amounts of health at first, only to have it become junk (and therefore wasted skill points) near the end of the game.