Gamers?

AntiGravityAzn

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda funny how just when video games get really popular, the economy starts telling them they might not have enough funding to keep the business alive. Because games need so much time and money to make, it gets really hard to make 'em any more.

I doubt video games are gonna disappear. Makers like Square Enix and Bungie are probably confident enough in what they do that they'll still make the investment in making a game. I think it'll just get rid of all of those lame games out there. I mean, those movie games are really pointless, like Eragon, which was just a terrible game.

I hate movie games. They're always either really straight forward in that you have to do every single thing exactly the way it happened in the movie without any freedom, or just really bad 'cause the developers didn't take it seriously enough, because it's just a merchandising scheme.

My favorite movie based on a movie (and the last one I played that I thought was good) was Toy Story 2. That was worth playing.

Good luck with that. The Wii's been going sold out for about two or three years now. People are fine with the price, it sells, Nintendo knows that. Until you can find ten Wiis just sitting there on the shelves with no one looking at them, it'll stay that price. (And by that time, everyone and their aunt Harold would have one.)

Okay. I've had one for a year, it's kinda hard to get good new games after you've had a few. You know what I hate though? About 60% of all 360 games are shooters. For the Wii it's party games. And it's kinda hard to find a PS3 game that can't be found anywhere else.

Yes, that's what I was going for. PS2 was pretty diverse too, but now that they don't make games for it anymore... Or do they? I've been wondering when they'd stop. They said it would two years ago. When are they going to drop it and move on? you can practically count all the PS3 games on your fingers.

Sorry to stray from the current PC topic...but has anyone played the new Prince of Persia game? I have been a huge fan of the games since I was little...I played on DOS and SNES. But anyways, I heard the new game is amazing. Anyone else play/own it?

ETA: lol I meant PS, not PC :)

Right, I'm kind of glad they strayed from the side-scrolling puzzles, lol. I liked them, but that's not exactly why I bought a 360 :) (hides her SNES emulator) I played the new POP on my friend's PC a few days ago and it was awesome! It was very different...and it was actually kind of easy now that I think about it, but I didn't notice it was easy because everything was so smooth (graphics, controls, gameplay, etc.). Plus the environments were just absolutely gorgeous. I thought it was funny how you couldn't die and how Elika (sp?) saved you no matter what. But I suppose that lets you enjoy the game more instead of worrying when your last save was, lol.