Dog Owners/Lovers: In!

AntiGravityAzn

Did anyone watch that special on Animal Planet about Michael Vick and his dogs? All but one were deemed capable of being put up for adoption. The one who couldn't be was humanely euthanized.

Was that documentary called Dog Town? I watched a show called Dog Town that focused on the training and care of the dogs owned by Vick and it was amazing to see the progress they made.

If that was it, I didn't actually hear the statistics...but I'm so glad so many were fit to be adopted :) It's sad to hear about that one who had to be euthanized, but living in that kind of craphole environment, I think the end result was nearly the best case scenario.

I have a dog - he's an Alsation cross breed (can't remember what he's a cross with but he has floppy ears instead of pointy ones). I'll post a picture tommorow. I just reformatted my pc so I have to put the photos back on it later.

I adore animals, all kinds! I don't have any dogs currently but our neighbor has this HUGE black dog.. Not sure what kind of dog it is but I like to talk to her and pet her over the fence all the time. :)

The couple of dogs I had were a dachshund and a mastiff mutt, they were my true loves! The dachshund we had to put to sleep which broke my heart and the mastiff we gave to a family in the country because he was getting BIGGG and needed more running room.. We had a tiny back yard. :(

Dachshund's name was Mojojojo and the mastiff was Marmaduke. Piccies!

post-10527-1234058101_thumb.jpg

post-10527-1234058121_thumb.jpg

Was that documentary called Dog Town? I watched a show called Dog Town that focused on the training and care of the dogs owned by Vick and it was amazing to see the progress they made.

If that was it, I didn't actually hear the statistics...but I'm so glad so many were fit to be adopted :) It's sad to hear about that one who had to be euthanized, but living in that kind of craphole environment, I think the end result was nearly the best case scenario.

No it was called Animal Witness: The Michael Vick story

This is my wonderful dog Bailey, here he is sitting in the car wondering what I am doing with my camera. He is a beagle/jack russell cross, which is apparently called a jack-a-bee, how cute is that :)

post-4013-1234134592_thumb.jpg

MIMI: Those pics are adorable :) I'm sorry to hear they are no longer with you :(

Mackenzie: Yep, Alsatian is just another word for GSD :)

Cara: I adore Jack Russels! They are one of the few small breeds in general that I like because they are ridiculously intelligent. Bailey is too cute :)

My next-next door neighbours (lol) used to own 4-5 Basenji's and they bred them...not for AKC/UKC purposes, but just to promote the breed. They did do a lot of agility events and such, but they didn't like doing the typical "pretty dog conformation shows." They were very cool dogs :) Very exotic looking and incredibly intelligent, but since they have somewhat feral roots, they were sometimes a bit stubborn and had a mind of their own, lol. The same neighbours raised and bred therapeutic miniature horses and sometimes the Basenji's would try to take over their pasture, lmao.