Favorite U.S. Presidents

̊ ˉˉ ̊

Which of the United States' president's is your personal favorite?

*This is not a place to debate which is better, just which your favorite is*

(and please do not choose Obama just yet, he just got into office, wait a few years until whe know exactly who he is and what he does for our country + the results of those actions)

My personal favorite was Theodore Roosevelt. (I'll get into why in a later post)

No one hate me for this post. It's a strictly personal opinion. I like George W. Bush the best, not because of his achievements (ie. failures), but because I know that he tried his best to make the country a good place, and because he has so little support. It's my personal belief to always support the underdog.

Otherwise, exempting the above, my favorite is George Washington. He always persevered to produce independence from Britain, and he didn't try to become president, it just fell on him. That's how I believe we should elect leaders, not because they campaign, but because they're so honest and devoted to the public.

I'm not sure which President I like best, but I must say my least favorite is Woodrow Wilson. I mean I admire his will to do what he thinks is right, but he's way too stubborn and refuses to compromise things, which left the Treaty of Versailles unsigned until the end of his Presidency.

TR was a good President though.

First of all, GREAT TOPIC ROSYFINCH! I LOVES IT!

Well I'm going to have to say the other Roosevelt, Franklin Delano...And the reasons why are pretty much summed up by the below Wiki excerpt:

"He was a central figure of the 20th century during a time of worldwide economic crisis and world war. Elected to four terms in office, he served from 1933 to 1945 and is the only U.S. president to have served more than two terms.

During the Great Depression of the 1930s, Roosevelt created the New Deal to provide relief for the unemployed, recovery of the economy, and reform of the economic and banking systems, through various agencies, such as the Works Project Administration (WPA), National Recovery Administration (NRA), and the Agricultural Adjustment Administration (AAA). Although recovery of the economy was incomplete until World War II, several programs he initiated, such as the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), continue to have instrumental roles in the nation's commerce. Some of his other legacies include the Social Security system and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).....

Roosevelt has been consistently ranked as one of the greatest U.S. presidents in historical rankings, alongside Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.

A 1999 survey by C-SPAN found that by a wide margin academic historians consider Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Roosevelt the three greatest presidents, consistent with other surveys. Roosevelt is the sixth most admired person from the 20th century by US citizens, according to Gallup."

I mean say what you will about the man...but that kind of leadership. Such widespread support, for so long, is so seldom seen, he had to have done something right. Most of his achievements done in record time, I mean how many presidents have not just their one great thing that they were remembered for but tons, literally hundreds of pieces of legislation that still impact us today, and two major national crisis handled during his term. There were thousands of Americans, maybe even millions, who lived their lives with no other president, but FDR. I mean if the will of the people be the rule in a democracy than FDR is the prime example of a great leader being picked to serve with more national support for a longer time than any president before him. And there were some pretty amazing presidents before him so...

No one hate me for this post. It's a strictly personal opinion. I like George W. Bush the best, not because of his achievements (ie. failures), but because I know that he tried his best to make the country a good place, and because he has so little support.

I totally respect this, and I completely agree. I mean I certainly wouldn't put him in my top presidents, and I couldn't agree with is politics much less than I do. Still this is a democracy and we are just as much responsible for his presidency as he is himself. Meanwhile he always did what he thought was best, he never backed down in what he firmly believed, and even with a country talking impeachment (which I never agreed with) he kept right on following his heart and his faith, and didn't just throw his hand up and say, "Fine you hate me, and even though I think what I am doing really is right, I'm just going to give up and hand over the country." That is a honorable, albeit misguided, president of the united states, and he deserves recognition for that.

No one hate me for this post. It's a strictly personal opinion. I like George W. Bush the best, not because of his achievements (ie. failures), but because I know that he tried his best to make the country a good place, and because he has so little support.

Yeah. I don't agree with quite a few of his decisions but he did what he thought was right, which is a lot more than some politicians do.

He also got us through 9/11 and seven years without a terrorist attack. It really ticked me off to see people go "Na-na-na-na-na" at him as he was leaving Obama's inauguration.

My personal favorites are Reagan and Lincoln.

Reagan and FDR. FDR is my personal hero. Despite being taken by polio, he refused to let his handicaps get in the way. I am a firm believer that without FDR the second world war either would have lasted longer or we would have lost it. He worked well enough with Churchill, and he set the frame work for keeping the Americans from falling back into the Depression after the war. A lot of people try to blame FDR for the Americans being thrust into the second world war, which is wrong since it was the fact that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, and if he had not asked Congress to go to war, even more people would have been upset with him. I do not believe it was a conspiracy to get into the war, though they did make some big mistakes when it came to listening and heeding the signs of an attack. Reagan was a fantastic guy in his own right as well.

I also have to give Clinton his props, especially when it comes to the Human Genome Project. The world was wary about it, but he insisted on making it available to the public, to the world. He also tried to fulfill his promise of allowing gays into the military. Say what you will about him and Lewinsky, he passed some darn good legislation. The only problem with allowing gays is he couldn't push it far enough, instead we got the "don't ask don't tell" legislation, which is good enough for the time being. And for those who did not get high enough wages, he also expanded the Earned Income Tax Credit. NOT to mention the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 (Which did not affect those in the same bracket that Obama's tax reforms are going to hit). And the things his wife did right had to do with adoption and foster homes. So please, if you are ever asked about Clinton, and the stuff he did, push the Lewinsky scandal out of your mind and instead think about the legislation he passed. :D