What will the Earth be like in 1,000 years?

Guest Астр&#10

Guest Астр&#10

It is amazing to think of the outstanding possibilities. But I want to hear from you guys. But please keep in mind, faster than light travel is impossible.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Астр&#10

Why would we leave our home planet?

I believe Earth will have several enormous towers that shoot up from the planet's surface to space. There would be no more rockets. All spacecraft will be made in space and dock with the towers. The satillites would have been cleaned up and the towers will be fitted with sensors to replace the satillites.

Guest Астр&#10

Evolve to become resistant to poisons That would be the best evolutioanary trait in Human existance, besides being bipedal.

There's a book out from Science Fiction Book Club called One Million AD, that has authors exploring what the Earth and mankind will be like in a million years. Its really a good read, and kind of interesting to see where people's minds went, and how the human race got where the author's envisioned them.

I'll think we'll be lucky to reach the year 3006, at the rate we're going.

Global Warming will be the crisis of the world, for sure. Sea levels will rise, hopefully flooding most parts of Peterborough (Heh. Football rivalry. How fun...) as predicted. Everywhere will be come a desert wasteland from cutting down trees.

Then again, I could just hope for hoverboards and mutant cows! :laughingsmiley:

There was a hole in the ozone layer caused by pollution of engines, factories, ect, ect. If we dont take care of our environment, the hole is going to be bigger, and the world's chance of ending will be increasing. x[

I don't think we'll even get there at this rate. Judging by the planet's current condition, if we don't stop this global warming issue soon, the planet will go chaos. I mean, the glaciers will melt, flooding coast cities, nature will become more scattered...

I don't think we'll even get there at this rate. Judging by the planet's current condition, if we don't stop this global warming issue soon, the planet will go chaos. I mean, the glaciers will melt, flooding coast cities, nature will become more scattered...

And the violence, see we might end up killing each other before global warming takes over.

well i think the earth will definitly be a little worse for wear and we will have ourselves parked on other nearby planets and maybe in orbiting shuttles in space. but i am sure space travel will be significantly expanded. think of how much we have done with electricity since its invention. it hasnt been that long

well i think the earth will definitly be a little worse for wear and we will have ourselves parked on other nearby planets and maybe in orbiting shuttles in space. but i am sure space travel will be significantly expanded. think of how much we have done with electricity since its invention. it hasnt been that long

I agree, and there are already sending space tourists so that should increase by a huge number in the years to come.

Guest Астр&#10

Technically if you have the cash you can buy a trip to the International Space Station. Russia likes taking millions of dollars from rich Americans who want to goto space. lol