NeoQuest I- Second Run - Weird Problems

bud_doyle

Hey guys,

I started playing Neopets in 2005, I played for nearly a year or more, had my account disabled (due to reasons I STILL don't agree with) and I took a 2 year break. I'm back, and I've been on for about 5 months. This is my third round with Neoquest I (I still haven't gotten into II with the parties and all that--this is my "Evil" attempt on this account, have a bronze on this one and one on the last account). This is the first time I've experienced going through nearly 60-70 fights with characters that should be giving up a "Greater Healing Potion" and it still hasn't happened yet. I'm level 26, down in the third basement level of the Jungle ruins and NO ONE will give me anything better than the "Strong Healing Potion." Is this a glitch or is my Glacier Wand preventing me from getting the potions? These monsters are taking about 50-90 hit points from me every battle and only 1/3 are giving me anything and it's never stronger than a "Strong Healing Potion." Any thoughts?

Thanks

J

I'm not as far as you yet, but I noticed that you have to have a full inventory of one potion before you can get the other kind of potion. Like once you have a full 20/20 Strong Healing Potions, you'll start getting Greater Healing Potions.

It's just something I noticed. I never got a Strong Healing Potion until I got a full 20 Standard Healing Potions in my inventory.

And no, your wand should have no effect, though personally I'd pick the Nature Wand. (Wait, you did make the wand from that one guy on the second floor of the tower right?)

I'm not as far as you yet, but I noticed that you have to have a full inventory of one potion before you can get the other kind of potion. Like once you have a full 20/20 Strong Healing Potions, you'll start getting Greater Healing Potions.

I don't think this is quite true. I've never had a complete set of healing potions, because I've always tried for one.

It just seems to be bad luck, I guess. Is it possible that the monsters you're fighting don't give that healing potion? I really can't remember the third basement level.

I don't think this is quite true. I've never had a complete set of healing potions, because I've always tried for one.

It just seems to be bad luck, I guess. Is it possible that the monsters you're fighting don't give that healing potion? I really can't remember the third basement level.

That's how it's always been for me. I've never gotten a higher level potion until I got a whole set. I guess it was just a coincidence then.