Nostradamus "The Prophet Of Doom"

Liz//Miomi

I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the legend of Nostradamus. (Well, maybe not a LEGEND :P)

Here's a brief::

-Lived in the 16th century

-Astronomer

-Astrologer

-Physician

--and later in his life, became a Prophet?

Durring his time he had recorded loads of predictions. A few were known to have come true durring his life time.

It is said that he has predicted the future. Events that have happened even today. (All were writen in quatrains, poems, and sometimes hard to translate)

Some of his 'predictions'

-French Revolution

-Death of Princess Diana

-Death of John F. Kennedy

-the Birth, power, and rise of Adolf Hitler

-Great Fire of London

-9/11

-many many more!!!

Now, I myself believe in him. Believe his predictions.

One last one i would like to share.

His last prediction for the future he wrote down.

The year 2012 - the end of human kind or a mass disastor?

I would love to hear your points of view on this. I do not know if many of you all know who this man is, but he is FACINATING to me.

So, what are your views?

Foretelling or Fake??

ok first of all Nostradamus was a very very intelligent person...

but I think and I'm pretty sure that the 2012 catastrophy was first set by Mayan culture... along with other prophecies....

Myself I don't belive that world will end in 2012... I'm the one who says ok... give me intelligent support and I'll believe...

once I looked up a book about that catasrophy and didn't make sense... because they talked about the radical change of earth magnetisim and its orbit itself... and this is only an hipothesis, so I don't belive :D

Did you know that Nostradamus misspelled Hitlers name in his prophecies? he spelled Hipler lol

ok first of all Nostradamus was a very very intelligent person...

but I think and I'm pretty sure that the 2012 catastrophy was first set by Mayan culture... along with other prophecies....

Myself I don't belive that world will end in 2012... I'm the one who says ok... give me intelligent support and I'll believe...

once I looked up a book about that catasrophy and didn't make sense... because they talked about the radical change of earth magnetisim and its orbit itself... and this is only an hipothesis, so I don't belive :D

Did you know that Nostradamus misspelled Hitlers name in his prophecies? he spelled Hipler lol

Lol actaully... I did know that, but I think he spelt it "Hilter" or something. I forget, but they said the word ment b****** person or something. ugh! i don't remember that part of my knowledge. (isnt' much ><)

But yes, i know about the Mayan culture telling the same thing. A few prophets have been said to have foretold something as well.

But i mentioned Nostradamus too, because his foretellings have been popular lately, ever since 9/11.

But i agree with your "need concrete evidence", yet i enjoy the skeptical thoughts. :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please avoid cursing.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It was Hister is what he said. Which is the raw pronunciation of Hitler.

I believe him because he was not the only one and the others were decades apart and had no knowledge of each other.

I do believe a big disaster will occur and soon. WW3 will happen and I have a feeling it will be the last WW.

:D I think these people have or had extraterestrial knowledge lol, it sounds wird but its possible... because knowing what they knew simply as looking at the stars... very hard to belive lol but I'm not sure... tomorrow I'll go to the library and investigate something about this...

:D I think these people have or had extraterestrial knowledge lol, it sounds wird but its possible... because knowing what they knew simply as looking at the stars... very hard to belive lol but I'm not sure... tomorrow I'll go to the library and investigate something about this...

Just watch the History Channel at around 1 am to 3 am lol they are alll over him and the new program that has been written to test his prophecies as well as make future ones.

The fact that all calendars (regardless of culture) ended on the same date is hard to debate.

Just watch the History Channel at around 1 am to 3 am lol they are alll over him and the new program that has been written to test his prophecies as well as make future ones.

The fact that all calendars (regardless of culture) ended on the same date is hard to debate.

//guilty >.>

I love the history channel. Lol

I love learning about him, and even the shows that AREN'T about him, they bring him up anyway.

He's a big part in today culture because of what he has said.

Even though, just watching those shows and the thought of an antichrist coming.. kinda creepy.. but really neat!

I have no religion though so ... i guess the impact on me is sorta small?

I've heard about this before. His predictions seem to have come true so far, but that does not mean that he will always be right.

I think this is quite strange, and there are a lot of doomsday predictions, but personally I'd prefer to wait to see what the future holds, than dwelling on it.

But yes, i know about the Mayan culture telling the same thing. A few prophets have been said to have foretold something as well.

The whole Mayan thing is stupid. I mean, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world in 2012. Ask any expert and they'll tell you that their calendar is just going to reset itself on 2012, like it does EVERY 52 YEARS. So why now and not 1960? Well, 1960 is a pretty lame year. 2012 seems "more special" to the common public, and is easier to use to make people believe them.

And Nostradamus (or as my school likes to call him, Nostradumba**) basically just made a bunch of super vague predictions that eventually at one point in time, it'll happen.

Basically, the Mayan thing is due to ignorance, and Nostradamus is just smart enough to know that he can say certain things that'll happen eventually.

Edit: Here's the prediction that JFK would die.

The great man will be struck down in the day by a thunderbolt,

The evil deed predicted by the bearer of a petition:

According to the prediction another falls at night,

Conflict in Reims, London, and pestilence in Tuscany.

So apparently, the only thing that matches with JFK is that he's a great man. I mean really? "A great man" Ooh, that must be JFK!!!

I, personally, agree with Unstream xD His predictions are vague, and not at all specific to what people interpret as the event he was supposedly referring too.

And here are some of his prophecies about Hitler:

1)

From the deepest part of Western Europe

A young child will be born to poor people

Who will by his speech seduce a great multitude,

His reputation will increase in the Kingdom of the East

That could really end up to be anyone, and it would have probably end up happening eventually. This is one of those vague ones I mentioned earlier.

2)

Beasts ferocious with hunger will cross the rivers,

The greater part of the battlefield will be against Hister.

Into a cage of iron will the great one be drawn,

When the child of Germany observes nothing.

For some reason, people believe that Hister meant Hitler, when in reality Hister is the Latin name for the Danube River, and it usually refers to the region at the mouth of the Danube River.

3)

Liberty will not be regained,

It will be occupied by a black, proud, villainous and unjust man:

When the matter of the Pontiff is opened,

The republic of Venice will be vexed by Hister.

They think that "proud, villainous and unjust man" stands for Hitler, and yet, they leave out the "black" part. Psh, yeah, Hitler was definitely black </sarcasm>. And liberty was regained, which cancels out the first sentence. And once again, Hister refers to the region at the mouth of the Danube River, which could mean that the nation there will end up being a very powerful one.

There are a ton of others, but I'm too lazy to find the rest of them at this moment :P. Just goes to show, do a bit a research and you'll find out how much of this stuff really isn't true.

Lol in my opinion i think the experts just have some fetish or something with the Hitler movement and they think it all translates into those predictions. But whatever.

I agree with all of you guys on different levels, but I just love to have an open mind and think maybe the world is gonna end some day by way of a comet, ice age, or hell, even some antichrist.

I really don't know that much about him, although some say his predictions came true or not. I haven't researched it and really don't have an interest to.

I go by the philosophy of living each day as it comes instead of trying to pinpoint something in the future :)

Makes life a lot easier!!!

Well I think the 2012 thing is really creepy and it does freak me out how many of these things seem to relate,

but I mentioned before, when we talked about the Mayan thing, that by 2012 I will have all the people who I love,

that currently live far away from me, in the same place as me, and so as long as the end of the world doesn't come

before I can spend my final moment with the people I love most, I don't suppose I really care that it's ending....

I think Nostradamus was just someone who made a lot of really vague predictions, that caused people to think he was telling the future, when his predictions could have meant anything.

The 2012 thing is creepy, but the Mayans had to find a date when their calender ended, and I doubt it's really significent, just because our calender ends on the last day of December doesn't mean anything.

There really aren't that many tv channels out there worthy of watching, so I know what your talking about.

And Nostradamus (or as my school likes to call him, Nostradumba**) basically just made a bunch of super vague predictions that eventually at one point in time, it'll happen.

Basically, the Mayan thing is due to ignorance, and Nostradamus is just smart enough to know that he can say certain things that'll happen eventually.

lol, I <3 your school, and you got that stuff down just right.

And just so you know, people have only found connections with nostradumba** (lol) and modern times after they happen, there hasen't been anyone to see anything before it happens by using his stuff, same as the so called "bible code".

Guest shanemk

Well I watched a show on the History Channel years ago about this ''Prophet." And something one guy said on it made me laugh and also made sense to me. He said something along the lines of ... 'The man actually made hundreds of prophecies, and out of that many you are probably gonna write down something that will be right.' Not saying Old Nos isn't a prophet...but it's true what the man said in a way. If any of you were to write down hundreds of prophecies, keep them semi-vague (no specific names like "Taye Diggs," or "Kenya") then chances are somewhere in the future something very much like what you 'predicted' will happen. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think that people are taking his predicts and morphing them into something they want. It's a psychological thing that humans do. The same thought process goes along those that believe they hear voices from the dead. Thought and senses can sometimes unintentionally be manipulated into believing what you want to hear, rather than what is there. That's the ideology that so-called psychics use when they're scamming people.

So in short, no, I don't think Nostradamus is a prophet of doom. Perhaps an advanced historian/humanitarian. But that's all.

I believe there are people who can make some predictions, but all I can really say is that, when you want to make a predicition, you just say it like it is. You don't write secret poems and hope people will figure it out someday, especially if you know destruction will come. Wouldn't you want to prevent something catastrophic? If he knew, then that'd make him evil 'cause those "poems" are pretty hard to figure out, before something happens. I just think he just wrote poems and hoped he'd hit jackpot.

I'm somewhat on the fence about this. I think that he made some incredible "predictions," but the fact that many of his predictions were difficult to decipher makes me think that some predictions were his followers attempting to turn him into a prophet. I think Nostradamus was an incredibly intelligent man, but I don't think his prophecies should be taken with 100% seriousness, especially the one referring to the world's demise in 2012.

And if the world does end in 2012, I hope I am clueless to it...I would rather be sitting and enjoying a hilarious movie when the world ended rather than worrying about it for 3 more years ;)

• 2 months later...

Personally, I find this whole thing creepy. Some people around me are ALSO saying that the world would end in 2012. I certainly do hope this is fake.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than 3 weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.