Ads all gone?

Unstream

It's strange, all of the ads on Neopets is gone O.o. I know I should be happy and all, but it's just kinda weird. Is there something wrong with my computer?

Notice how the top part is cut off and I'm scrolled up all the way.

The side bar is missing...

It's not in the box...

It's missing the usual ads

I just think it's really strange, and it's not my adblock because it used to show an empty spot for the ad, like it'd say ADVERTISEMENT in white text in a black box (yknow what I mean?) and then an empty box, but now it's not even there!

So this might be a stupid question, but you didn't happen to install something like, "Remove It Permanently," Did you?

Cause I find that if you remove even one add with that thing it takes away like 50% of the adds all throughout the site.

Other then that I would say that it was just a lucky glitch and enjoy it while it lasts! BTW, I'm jealous of your site theme.

I can't remember the last time I've seen ads on Neopets. I lurve my ad blocker. I do not see anything that says 'advertisement' or anything like you guys are describing.

Is it your birthday by any chance? You get no adds on your birthday.

If Unstream filled out the profile information correctly, then no. Born Mar-11-1994

I actually saw an Ad from GoGurt, one of those evil ads that pop out to get your attention D= I'm using an AdBlocker I got from a site, and I'm using IE 7. Oh, I almost thought all the Ads were wiped out -_-

Also, the theme isn't Birthday, and I don't think it's possible to change away from that one.

So are your adds gone Strategos? Because I have ad-block and my black "advertisement" bars are still there.

No, they're still right here. But I'm not using Adblock. :P Just something I heard.

I believe, but I'm not sure, that Adblock was recently updated and this is the result. If you didn't update Adblock, then I have no idea.

ABP didn't update anytime recently, or at least I don't think it did. Whenever a notification pops up about an update I just install it without even looking at what it is.

Is it your birthday by any chance? You get no adds on your birthday.

No I'm sure it's not my birthday.

I guess I'm just going to have to assume it's a glitch like FutureTXGovernor said. A cool glitch at that :P

Eh, MY ads are still there. You're lucky. ^_^ You don't have to deal with the annoyingness.

It is a pretty cool glitch.

Guest shanemk

I don't mind the ads...I know they help pay for neopets and I have never had one pop up in my face or have sounds to it. Besides half the time w/firefox the top bar is just a gray area with the word 'advertisment' verticially down the left side.

Ah, it is ABP that's making them disappear. I disabled it and the ads showed up again, so it was no glitch.

So ABP effectively get's rid of all ads. I really recommend to all Firefox users.

If you don't know where it is, you can find it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865