Staying Healthy

*SG*

Well I started my first health class in college today and well it really got me thinking.

I have more health problems than I can shake a stick at and one of my biggest issues that makes it all worse is that I have an addiction to salt, vinegar, and anything bitter (GO LEMONS!). Because of this the acid level in my body is way above normal (Like off the charts on a PH Test). My doctors are trying to get me to eat more "base" foods to counter act it.

Anyway, there's the lesson for the day.

However, a friend of mine who is a health nut (with lack of a better term) showed me this site that I just fell in love with.

It's NOT a diet it's a change in what you consume, not saying you can't eat what you do already.

This is totally personalized to you and I've followed it for a while now and I have more energy than I've had in years. So for me, it worked. It might not for everyone but it's fun to read none the less.

So if you're curious what you should be doing to improve (detox) your body (in two weeks no less) then check it out.

http://altmedicine.about.com/library/quiz/...z_ayurveda1.htm

There's my rant for the evening.

*SG*

Oh, cool! Thanks for this ~ I'm taking the quiz now. :)

It's more of a "food for thought" kind of site. I'm a Vata.

Lol, I'm a Pitta. I got lost after I finished the quiz though. xD I'll look around again later.

I was a Pitta too!

* Pitta types are determined and strong willed with good digestion.

* The Pitta's primary organs are the small intestine and stomach.

* Pittas tend to be hot, oily, and light.

* Pitta is associated with the fire element, and tend to have a fiery quality.

* When a Pitta becomes imbalanced, he or she may notice skin rashes, burning, inflammation, fever, ulcers, anger, jealousy, copious urine.

In order to be balanced, Pittas should remain cool, avoiding excess heat, steam or humidity.

They should also avoid excessively oily food or fried foods as well as caffeine, alcohol, red meat, hot spices, or salt, choosing instead to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains.

Pitta types should also try to get plenty of fresh air. Expression of emotions is also important.

I'd love to know how I'm hot, oily and light :P but at the end of the day the quiz was just saying eat healthy, which to be honest I usually do but it's exam time so any food choices go out the window and it's whatever is the easiest and the most filling which seeming tends to be fried foods and you really can't beat a good curry during exams! And alcohol to drown your sorrows!! Never been a fan of caffeine though. If I didn't have exams (or to put it another way, if I had better sefl control) my weight wouldn't fluctuate anywhere near as much as it does. Bring on the end of Uni! By that time I might have grown up and learnt to cope with stress o_O

Tigra xx

Hey! Food for though huh?

Man this seems like the perfect post for one of those famous METROID puns...

Really though, this was very interesting. I'm going to have to take the quiz later...

My To Do list was extensive today and I have accomplished very little of it.

I don't know whether anyone would be interested in this but it's something that was in the paper.. last week? I think:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3917177/...your-genes.html

and

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3917256/...ype-Part-2.html

It's sort of the along the same lines as the test, cutting out certain foods will help you feel better, but it goes that bit further as to say that depending on your genotype you can use foods to trigger the good genes that, supposedly, help you live longer. There's obviously still on-going research into it and it would require a permanent lifestyle change, like the quiz above is suggesting, but I think it's quite interesting at least?

Tigra xx

Lol it says I'm a Pitta, when half of the description doesn't match me. Shows how well these quizzes work!

Nothing is an exact science and remember to answer with what someone else would say, not what you think.

I took the quiz, and I'm a Pitta =P At first when I saw the result I thought it said "Pita", as in the food. I swear I was like,"Whaa? I'm a snack?" I need my eyes checked -_- I luff doing quizzes, though (Not the suprise ones that I get from one of my teachers on a random day of the week ;D)

Kapha :O

Its half inaccurate though, and the questions are too vague.

well remember they are trying to classify billions upon billions of people >.<