Recession

tempdisplay

World Economy doesn't influence Neopets economy. TNT just happened to decide to release more Neggs, Codestones, Paint Brushes, Map Pieces... My guess is that it happened in first place because it was becoming hard for a newbie to feel integrated in the game. As in, they would have to save ton of money simply to achieve painting goals...

That's just my opinion though XD Also, it started with Tarla in first place... but her alone wasn't enough to deflate Neopian Economy.

TNT must have given in to the constant begging of people asking them to make items cheaper, so they released more items therefore decreasing their value (that was nice of them) lol

Yes, But while some items have gone down, some are still at there tops (I remember when the Magical Poogle toy was only about 100k, now look at it! And remember when Draik eggs were much cheaper and easyer to get?)

Am i the only one who doesn't think key quest has affected the demand for codestones at all? Codestones have never sold for much more than their current market prices, and short of handing them out to every single player everyday in neopets, the demand for them won't go down because they're consumable (i.e. once theyve been used you can't reuse them) and the level of interest for BD is higher than ever.

Paint brushes are a different matter though.

Personally, I don't mind all the deflation and whatnot, because supply and demand eventually counter it, evening out the price so it's not as high as it was before, but not insanely cheap.

And if TNT wanted to help newbies, then they really should give out retired items (yeah, I know, giving out retired items doesn't make them retired anymore, right? -_-). Putting a player at a disadvantage just because he/she is new doesn't really seem right to me.

Am i the only one who doesn't think key quest has affected the demand for codestones at all? Codestones have never sold for much more than their current market prices, and short of handing them out to every single player everyday in neopets, the demand for them won't go down because they're consumable (i.e. once theyve been used you can't reuse them) and the level of interest for BD is higher than ever.

Paint brushes are a different matter though.

Codestones were rising in price. Main and Eo were close to 10k each. And other were selling for 6-7k. That's higher than now...

Yes, But while some items have gone down, some are still at there tops (I remember when the Magical Poogle toy was only about 100k, now look at it! And remember when Draik eggs were much cheaper and easyer to get?)

100k? I remember when it was 6k and snowbunnies were 500nps there was a point in time that I had 30 snowbunnies x_x

100k? I remember when it was 6k and snowbunnies were 500nps there was a point in time that I had 30 snowbunnies x_x

AND WE HAD TO WALK 50.. NO 70 MILES IN THE SNOW TO GO TO THE SOUP FAERIE!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Heh, that's funny, but please stay on topic. =)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Personally, I don't mind all the deflation and whatnot, because supply and demand eventually counter it, evening out the price so it's not as high as it was before, but not insanely cheap.

And if TNT wanted to help newbies, then they really should give out retired items (yeah, I know, giving out retired items doesn't make them retired anymore, right? -_-). Putting a player at a disadvantage just because he/she is new doesn't really seem right to me.

Well then the whole point of having the idea of items and rarity akin to the real world will be lost. Retired items keep the interest in certain items high, it makes the neopets experience much more real and in a way, challenging, both to collectors and the like. Imagine if there items would never retire, i doubt i would find the idea of collecting rare items as exciting. (although i do agree on the insane prices, but keep in mind that was not TNT's dong anyway, for eg i'm sure if the interest in the BD woas to decrease then so would the item prices revolving around it)

AND WE HAD TO WALK 50.. NO 70 MILES IN THE SNOW TO GO TO THE SOUP FAERIE!

Haha, but I mean con if mmoI would have just held onto them for a couple years instead of wanting a quick buck I would be a billionaire :crying:

I'm not a fan of inflation it makes things I worked hard to get look like nothing. When it was a big deal to have 100k now its not even a big deal to have 1000k. Its too easy to get neopoints these days.

Yeah it definitely seems easier to make neopoints now than it was a few years ago =/ Back then, making 10k in a day was ridiculous (possible, but you'd have to play games for hours and hours) and it was rare to find any games that yielded 1k/game. now I make around 30k in an hour (or less), and most of the games I play yield 1k/game.

Well then the whole point of having the idea of items and rarity akin to the real world will be lost. Retired items keep the interest in certain items high, it makes the neopets experience much more real and in a way, challenging, both to collectors and the like. Imagine if there items would never retire, i doubt i would find the idea of collecting rare items as exciting. (although i do agree on the insane prices, but keep in mind that was not TNT's dong anyway, for eg i'm sure if the interest in the BD woas to decrease then so would the item prices revolving around it)

Rare as in R90-100 is one thing. 30+ million for a retired item is another for me, IMO. And with constant fast inflation, by the time you get said 30+ mil, it might as well be 100+ mil. Especially with one time items like stamps.