Is anyone else besides me having trouble playing "The Last Smiley"?

Joanie-wa

Honestly, i have already installed the shockwave plug-in, I have tried everything i can think of, and it won't work for me. It starts perfectly, you know, with the "play game", "instructions", all that hullabaloo, but when i press "Play Game", it brings me to this screen that shows the logo and an image of a smiley going down a chute, but it won't do anything else. Help, please. :crying:

And also, sorry about my atrocious run-on sentences.

Simple solution for me. Don't play it. :P I like shockwave games, but The Last Smiley isn't my thing. I'm more of a Hannah and the Pirate/Ice Caves girl. :) I can't help you, I'm not that good with computers. Sorry. :(

Well clearing your cache might help, but apart from that I don't think there's anything you can try. Shockwave isn't really a very reliable plug-in...

Well I learned that these old shockwave games are not compatable with Intel Mac (which is what I'm using), although I've been able to use it on my mac before. Now I get a 'havok' error, which can't be installed on Mac. Shockwave would have replaced their 3D part in their latest version and unless games update to the newest stuff, it will continute to error here.

Try to find out what is the exact error and google ;p. I am sure you will find infos about it.

If I recall, the shockwave isn't working on FF3, so if you want to play either use IE (I don't recommend, cause IE sucks, let's viruses in and sucks anyways) or get rid of FF3 and download FF2.

Would it work on Opera or Google Chrome?

Cause I really don't want to get rid of FF3.

If I recall, the shockwave isn't working on FF3, so if you want to play either use IE (I don't recommend, cause IE sucks, let's viruses in and sucks anyways) or get rid of FF3 and download FF2.

you are correct, all the shockwave games are nerf'd on the latest FF....Its either use the IE or dont play at all....or you can toss your monitor out the window...that always makes me feel better! b)

Well Shockwave isn't even available for Linux anyway, so I haven't had to deal with it in aaages. :P

I heard that it worked pretty well on Opera, but that was a long while ago so I don't know if that statement is valid now.