Multiple accounts, one computer

wulfbear

Can different people have their own Neopets account, accessed from the same computer? Not at the same time, naturally. I'm wondering if they would have to be side-accounts off a main one. Hopefully not, so each person could do all the activities, but I haven't quite pinned down Neopets' policy on this situation, and I don't want anyone to get frozen.

Answer directly from this week Neopian Times Editorial :

My daughter and I both play. We have separate accounts and separate e-mails, but we share an IP address. I'm confused by the different info that I'm getting on this. I'm hearing that we can be frozen because we share a computer and have the same IP. On the other hand, I hear we are okay because we have separate e-mails and it's obvious that we are two different people. Help! Both of us are very attached to our pixels and don't want anything to happen to them. Please, could you clarify this once and for all? Thanks so much. ~sidrii

Sounds like everything's fine to us. We know families play, and there are often quite a few accounts on IP addresses. We do our best to make sure only the guilty party is frozen for shenanigans, but sometimes very closely associated accounts can get into trouble. However, this is usually only the case when there is some massive cheating going on, like scamming, or severe multiple account abuse. As long as you and your daughter are playing by the rules then there really shouldn't be anything to worry about. :)

In summary, if accounts are sharing the same IP, but are used by different people (and are linked to different emails), there shouldn't be any problems if rules are not broken.

You can add a little note on all lookup saying that you and your *family members* are playing on the same computer.

Answer directly from this week Neopian Times Editorial :

In summary, if accounts are sharing the same IP, but are used by different people (and are linked to different emails), there shouldn't be any problems if rules are not broken.

You can add a little note on all lookup saying that you and your *family members* are playing on the same computer.

Thanks! Obviously, I need to read the Neopian Times more often. :)

My mother doesn't go on Neopets, so fortunately I am safe from two accounts, one computer issues if there are any. I don't bother with side accounts. I doubt you'll have much hassle. But seeing as V has already answered, I may as well go onto the next unread topic. :P

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Xepha).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Xepha if you have any questions regarding this action.