Turmaculus help

ho_yt

Anyone have any idea which method is most effective in making the Turmaculus eat my petpet?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice idea V, I'll try Jaffa Cake. :) And just accepted a pile of dung from someone I played in Key Quest. (And lost to :P) Perhaps I should call my Wibreth Kentucky Fried Chicken or KFC... :P

I recall reading several times that it's random. I don't recall ever reading anything that suggests that you can increase your chances one way or another.

But, are you sure you want Turmy to eat your Petpet? It just sounds so, um, barbaric, offering your Petpet to a huge beast.

i remember reading on someone's page who tracks it that the abominable snowball has been the one that has been eaten the most by dumping cold water on turmaculus. though i think it was eaten only like 8 times this way, and it didnt list the others so i don't know how much difference this makes.

I did some more research on it and found two pages that you guys may want to see.

First, there's TDN's own page:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/turmaculus/

And that page links to this:

http://home.neopets.com/templates/homepage..._name=picovamde

The relevant quotation from picovamde's page:

For him to eat your petpet, well as you know i've been collecting information for a while now on the method used for when petpets are eaten. Abominable Snowball is currently in the lead with 19 Petpets eaten, 7 of who were eaten by Dump Cold Water on Him. There is still a long way to go with finding a pattern in this so keep with your normal petpet :). Just for the record he can eat zapped Petpets.

So there you have it. Some people think they see a trend. But 19 Abominable Snowballs eaten out of hundreds of other unreported cases? That's hardly what we can call a statistically significant sample size! Furthermore, even if it is a trend, any such trends are so small that the whole thing remains, practically speaking, random. It's like moving one millimeter to the left to increase your chances of escaping from a Meepit stampede.

So there you have it. Some people think they see a trend. But 19 Abominable Snowballs eaten out of hundreds of other unreported cases? That's hardly what we can call a statistically significant sample size! Furthermore, even if it is a trend, any such trends are so small that the whole thing remains, practically speaking, random. It's like moving one millimeter to the left to increase your chances of escaping from a Meepit stampede.

Why 'more' Abominable Snowballs, you think?

They are cheap petpets, easy to find, that people wouldn't care too much to lose to Turmaculus. :P

Why 'more' Abominable Snowballs, you think?

They are cheap petpets, easy to find, that people wouldn't care too much to lose to Turmaculus. :P

Yup. That's another nail in the coffin against any non-random Turmaculus theory. Obviously few people are going to try using a Flowper or a Kadoatie (and aren't those Flowpers just so cute? I feel my insides turn to rainbow-colored butterflies every time I see one with its goofy smile and fur-covered lips).

So, basically, any reported trend is just a reported trend - it's not a proven trend. A reported trend isn't plausible when there could be some other trend that nobody will ever know about because there just aren't enough people trying to feed Turmy other kinds of expensive Petpets.

Whew. I certainly hope that ho_yt appreciates all the Mythbusting we're doing! ^_^

Haha I actually felt some sense in both of your theories. I also will not use expensive pet as well but I don't mind doing so if it is a zapped one since if you remove it it, it will return to the first petpet you use to zap.

I also got read about the petpage saying about 7 of them eaten by dumping it cold water but then when I try this method tumaculus will not wake up even though the time is right but then when I hit it with a stick it will wake up ;) So I did not know if that method really works and haha I only know that Abominable Snowball is a petpet until both of you talk about it :laughingsmiley:

I believe it's random... Once I tried to rename my petpet 'Oreo' and Turmy refused to eat it still >.<

Haha! Lmfao. XD

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make all posts at least 7 words long. Quotes do not count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.