Minimum number of words in anti-spamming rule

maxwerx

Hi there. I joined these forums over a year ago, but only became active recently when I found myself with more free time than before. So, since my existence is shrouded by The Fog of Newbieness, I don't know who the moderators are or who to contact for the following:

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showtopic=383 needs to be updated. It says that posts can't be less than 4 words. That's a little confusing, because people may think that posts of 4, 5, or 6 words are OK. However, the newer anti-spam rule says that posts can't have less than 7 words (excluding quotations, etc.).

I think http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showtopic=383 should be updated because it's one of the first things that a new member reads.

Feel free to move/delete this post of mine if the issue has already been resolved. Also, if anybody knows where I should comment or post feedback like this in the future, I'll be glad to be informed. Anything to help lift The Fog of Newbieness from my eyes. :)

Hi. First, the moderators are "Angel Anime", "Crusher", and "Mistletoe Morgan". As well as the administrator, "Frosty the Ian Man". You can always view updated usernames at http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?act=Sta...mp;CODE=leaders

Now, addressing that topic. On my end, it says that that topic has been deleted. If you can still see it, would you mind refreshing and seeing if it's still there? I do believe, however, that most members do read the updated rules, so that's probably not extremely urgent.

Sorry guys, I started to fix this and then had to run so I temporarily set the topic invisible so there wasn't an outstanding issue. (that's why it says it was deleted for you Strategos)

I'm working on fixing these topics right now, the one was very old so it's going to be completely rewritten and such. I'll post here and close this topic when everything is complete. Until then that one topic has been remove from the public eye. ;)

Also, this is the correct place for these things, Maxwerx.

Strategos and TJ the Elf, thank you for your clear answers.

TJ the Elf, I have another question. I assume that moderators and forum leaders are busy people who have to deal with a lot of issues and emails. The next time I see a non-urgent (but moderately important) issue like this, is it OK if I choose to make a quiet post here in the Site Feedback, Bugs, and Help forum instead of sending a message to a moderator? In my past experience working with a video gaming forum, I have found that moderators are often very busy with time-sensitive and urgent matters, so I fear that any non-urgent matter I address to them may get misplaced, or worse, the moderator may feel pressured over what really is a non-urgent matter.

If you have a forum issues, it's fine to post here. (We are more people with moderation powers than the 3 official mods by the way). If you have issues with the site, you can use our contact form and we will receive it as an email from you. Usually, I am the one who would deal with it if it concerns content. If it's something general about the site or not listed, Ian would get your message (and then would forward it to the appropriate person sometimes).

We are pretty organised, don't fear :P

In this particular case, creating a new topic was the best thing to do. The most efficient way to contact moderators are to report a post or to PM them. When there is a new report, everybody with mods powers can see it and deal with it.

I hope that answers your questions.

Maxwerx, yep posting here is a wonderful thing to do in a situation like this (or that)! There are a few secret people like Xepha mentioned that also have forum moderation powers who can address certain issues, so posting in this topic is a great thing to do and is exactly what it was set up for.

I noticed that Ian took care of the few topics that were outdated and re-posted them with updated links, rules, and other miscellaneous items. If you noticed anything else please don't hesitate to create another topic. Thanks again!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (TJ the Elf).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact TJ the Elf if you have any questions regarding this action.