Syn-Chan

Does KQ Lag for you?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Why does it lag for you?

• Too many players
    • Doesn't lag for me
    • When people neomail me why you left, you use lag as an excuse
    • Your laptop fails?

I have a really fast laptop but of course, my computer cannot handle KQ or the new neohomes. I think they should try to make the mini game size smaller... or have an option to lower the quality of the graphics at least (or can you already do that?)

I'm rockin' four gigs and a 2.1 GHz processor.

It still runs ungodly slow for me, even making sure I've stopped things like my torrent seeding or Folding@Home (Google it, btw - it's a fantastic idea). I thought it might also be Google Chrome's fault, but trying to play in IE is no different.

I'm absolutely boggled.

It lags even on my normal computer. Horribly. I will get into a mini game and it will already be won and finished. It took me a while to decide it was my computer making the problems (except that one person I played with who finished the Faellie maze in 7 seconds. No, really. It loaded and I could see her making points in that time frame. That I believe is impossible but most of the time my computer is just being lame). It makes it really difficult to play and especially with people leaving out of poor-sportsmanship, that makes it hard for people to leave because of slow-computership.

I play it on a PC that has uber fast connection, so no lag for me. Even though it is unfair on everyone with slow connection, I don't think people should complain about it. I know it's not their fault, but neopets is supposed to be about having fun, not how much invisible money you have.

• 3 weeks later...
It does lag a lot for me. part of why i stopped playing. and i even have a new computer. sometimes by the time the minigame finally loads, the other player is already half way done.

This.

I have a relatively new computer with 4GB RAM and an excellent video card. I play new video games on it and get 50-60 frames per second on the higher quality video settings. My Internet connection doesn't lag, typically.

Yet, by the time many minigames start, the other player is half done. I don't stand a chance for some reason.

I play it on a PC that has uber fast connection, so no lag for me. Even though it is unfair on everyone with slow connection, I don't think people should complain about it. I know it's not their fault, but neopets is supposed to be about having fun, not how much invisible money you have.

But how is one to have fun when you're frustrated at the system!?

I don't usually lag at all.. I'm lucky. :D

Most people don't use lagging as an excuse when I neomail them though, they ALL say their computer crashed. A whole lot of computers have been crashing while I am one square away from winning lately. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

My computer definitely lags, although it meets and surpasses the minimum requirements. In fact, I know people who have played on a total of six different computers, and ALL of them lag. The only computers I have played on that don't lag are the ones in my college's library.

And to dazara.. since you have never played on a lagging computer, you have absolutely no idea how frustrating it is. That is assuming that you even manage to actually finish a game (without being disconnected or having the game '"end abnormally"). And anyone who bothers to save up for stuff, collect stuff, are avatar hunters, etc. don't think of it just as "invisible money."

I don't usually lag at all.. I'm lucky. :D

Most people don't use lagging as an excuse when I neomail them though, they ALL say their computer crashed. A whole lot of computers have been crashing while I am one square away from winning lately. LOL

you get that problem too? i think their computer senses that they are about to lose and reboots itself. but then, the computer reboots so fast that they are up and running by the time you send them a neomail. they seem respond almost instantaneously.

Yes, it's a new type of computer called an EgoCenter. :yes:

If ever I leave a game, it's generally because of lag. But I don't leave late in the game because there's really no point to it. I mean, I'd get some NP and a prize anyway, so why not just accept second place? But if my computer is being epically slow from the beginning of the game, I'll generally leave to save myself 20 wasted minutes.

I've had people who were doing fine on the minigames and such though, and then at the end, they just mysteriously disappear right before I win. Downright childish.

mine lags at certain times and then doesnt lag on others...honestly i only play 2 player games and usually i can get a negg out of the 2nd place prize. i have had 1st place prizes which add up to maybe 100 np...not worth my time really! if i know i am super lag-y i dont even bother playing those games and try to actively avoid the mini games squares

i still dont have any idea how to win at that stupid bullseye game!

I have also had intermittent lag problems with Key Quest. Sometimes, it will lag so severely that I can't even play the mini-games. Other times, it works fine. My ASUS M51 series laptop more than meets minimum requirements with the following specs:

Processor = Intel Core2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHz

Ram = 4.0 GB (2 x 2.0 GB dual channel)

Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS 512 MB

OS = Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 (build 6001)

Browser = Firefox 3.0.6

Networking = Wireless N (with ping times to router of <1ms, ping to default gateway of 28 ms)

I also have problems with other Neopets games "stuttering" while I'm playing. This is also an intermittent condition.

I agree it would be nice if Key Quest had more options that made it more fair for all players, like countdowns to the start of mini-games. It would also be really nice if game play wasn't interrupted by other players' actions, like in Petpetpet Snare. That is really annoying. :grrr:

My desktop sort of lag most of the time but still can make it somehow. What I will normally do is to play KQ first when the com is first switched on before opening other programs, it seems to lag a bit lesser for me...

It lagged big time when I was on a 1gb ram PC but now Ive upgraded to a 4gb ram PC and I do just fine.. My mom has .5gb of ram and she plays at least 10 games of KeyQuest a day on her computer... It takes her a few hours but she gets it done.

Ive got my eyes set on a new laptop though.. Its got 16gb of ram.. Imagine KeyQuest on that.. hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

mine lags horribly! everything was so slow and at first i was starting to think thats how it played. but then playing a mini game with one of my friends i saw that they were circling stuff faster than it would let me and thats when i noticed that it was really just bad lag >.>

but i dont have a clue why it lags so bad for me. maybe one of the many viruses i have or maybe just how badly my computer sucks.

I'm lucky enough to have quite a fast computer and decent internet, so it never lags for me, but I know people who say it lags horribly for them. I do get weird moments of lag in flash games though - particularly Wheeler's Wild Ride, where it just seems to jerk.

• 1 month later...

My computer is reeaallllyyyyy slow. So Key Quest is unbearably slow for me. I only go on it when I'm on a fats computer/laptop. Ugg, i wish i could play it more often >.<

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for more than 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.