Treasure Map

ChaoticFission

is the prize that the treasure map yields worth the price? i got piece #5 of the treasure map from an RE and am not sure what to do with it... i can sell it at around 22k or i can buy up the other 8 pieces and unlock the secret. the base NP award for the map is 10k, but u also get an assortment of rare items......

so... is it worth it? or should i just sell it?

Personally I would sell it, but it depends on your feelings towards neopoints. See me I’m a hoarder lol I like seeing the neopoints in the bank, some people are saving up for something special, and some people say money isn't everything and spend neopoints the moment they get them just for the experience and any items they would get out of it. Depending on which type you are would generally determine what you would do when you get a valuable item in a random event.

If you gather all the pieces and give it a try, then you can at least say that you have experienced treasure hunting on Neopets before. Playing a game is all about having fun experiences, isn't it?

However, if you sell the map piece, then you can take the NP and use it for other fun things. :)

• 2 weeks later...

yea, i think the price of the pieces outweighs the prize, so i've decided to sell them. some of the pieces sell for way over 10k, so there's no point to try to collect them. i just have to sell it quickly before the perfectionist in me realizes what im doing.

i just have to sell it quickly before the perfectionist in me realizes what im doing.

Goodluck with that lol You'll have to let me know how that works out for you!

I got the petpet lab map for dirt cheap but there's no way I'm paying out for the regular map. It's not worth it to me personally. But with the added access and being able to do it as often as you can I guess in the long run it makes more sense. But I'd rather wait for the random gatherings lol

Yeah, I definetly think it isn't something you should go out and buy... its a finders thing...just wait around until you get them all.. I personally would never go out and buy all 9 pieces

• 1 month later...

It depends on if you are a type of person that must have instant gratification or if you can gradually work toward a goal. If you wait a while you will get more pieces by RE and it won't cost you an arm and a leg! :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for more than 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.