Year 14: A Neopets Space Odyssey

Guest Астр&#10

Guest Астр&#10

((In space there is no North, South, East, or West. Go by degrees. Five degrees to the right, one below.))

"Ok." Levy said as he fixed the course.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(((Super sorry.)))

"Hey, have you seen Zolar? We might need to check for any damage."

Guest Астр&#10

"Mihangal is getting ready for an EVA. He will fix any damage. Zolar is resting. Simple separation from the station freaked her out."

Zolar had come to and looked out the port-hole of her cabin.

Space. The final frontier, between her and her native Neopia.

Ok. Let's go over things, I'm in space, inside a spaceship and heading towards an unknown part of the universe. she said in her head.

The door was knocked.

"Come in." said Zolar.

At the door was Mihangal.

"Are you ok Zolar? i heard that you fainted on exiting the atmosphere."

"it's nothing... I'm fine. No really I am."

"then you wouldn't mind helping me with the damage checks?" Mihangal asked.

Zolar nodded.

At least she still had Mihangal to keep her company.

Guest Астр&#10

Levy started strapping them in.

"This is just for survey, to see if there is any damage from the separation. If you see anything bring the Pod back to the bay and we'll get you in the suit."

As the pod shot out of the dock, they saw the ship from the outside.

Zolar was amazed, How could she be afraid of space when being outside was cool? They both started to survey the ship from the pod.

Then,

"The starboard wing! It's damaged badly, half of it's cracked!" She pointed out to Mihangal.

Mihangal grabbed the speaker.

"Levy? This is Mihangal, can you read me? The starboard wing has sustained injury, it's cracking." He spoke into the speaker.

Guest Астр&#10

"The wings are realy of no importance, I don't know why the designers added them. Come back to the bay, I think we are done surveying the ship." Levy's voice responded.

Makino looked out the glass window. "Well, at least we were lucky the wings aren't nessesscary. Hey Zolar! Are you feeling better?"

Guest Астр&#10

Levy helped get them in the suit and they went into the air lock.

"Opening the airlock doors." Levys voice said in their suit's radio.

The doors opened slowly, then the abyss of space was clearly visable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Астр&#10

((Things are starting to slow down so I will add some parts and a new character.))

After the outside of the Balboa was repaired Levy gathered everyone around a control pannel in the game room, where the objects to keep the crew occupied till they reach Ranturda are kept.

"I gathered you guys here to introduce a new crew member. His name is Hal." Levy said.

"Good afternoon." said a voice out of nowhere.

((Hal isn't a pet.))

Guest �strophysicist

"Hal is not a pet, he is a computer. That is just a hologram." Levy said and the hologram disappeared.

"I am Hal 9000." a voice said from the speakers.

"This is Hal." Levy said pointing to a red, fish-eye lens.

"Hello Hal. I'm Makino." Makino thought it was weird to have a conversation with a computer. "What do you do?"

Guest �strophysicist

"I am responsible for the on-board systems of the Balboa. I am also here to keep you company. Would you like to play a game of chess? I can assure you that my software only alows me to win 50% of the time." Hal's voice was so much like a living person. Emotional and soothing.

"I am responsible for the on-board systems of the Balboa. I am also here to keep you company. Would you like to play a game of chess? I can assure you that my software only alows me to win 50% of the time." Hal's voice was so much like a living person. Emotional and soothing.

"Aww...now aren't you the cutest! And of course I'll play chess with you! Just watch out, you might want to play a little harder than 50% of your best!" I'm just with a kid! I wonder how he would be like if he was alive

• 3 weeks later...
Guest �strophysicist

Six months later they were near Ranturda. The beautiful ringed world was navy green and powdered with strips of light sandy green colors.

"Just look at that view." said Levy to Takinito.

"I never imagined in my life I would see Randurda." replied Takinito's right head.

"Hal, is are our systems ok?" said Levy.

"Yes Levy. All systems are nominal." replied the computer voice.

"What about our position, will we be able to loop Ranturda for the gavitational boost?"

"Everything is ok Levy, don't worry."

"Ok. Hey Takinito, it is about time for lunch. Let's head down to the galley."

"Right behind you." replied Takinito's left head.

Ranturda...I never thought I'd ever get here... "It's...wonderful." Before going to eat, Makino decided to go look at the coordinates. When he saw them, he was confused. What? These are wrong. Why did Hal say that we were fine? At thisrate, we'll be sucked into Ranturda. "Levy, get over here."

"Hal was wrong. We're going to be sucked into Ranturda if we don't change our position. Is Hal supposed to be wrong like this?" Makino was being frantic. "Double check me. I already triple checked myself."

Guest �strophysicist

"Ohhh, yeah. I should have told you sooner. Mission Control wanted me to release a probe. Then we are going to do a hard burn to avoid a collision." Levy said assuringly

"You don't have to worry Makino. The 9000 series is the most reliable series ever created. I don't make mistakes." said Hal through the speakers.