Year 14: A Neopets Space Odyssey

Guest Астр&#10

Guest Астр&#10

In year 12 a mining team on Kreludor uncovered a black rectangular monolith. The ratio of its sides were 1:4:9. When the sun rose over the moon and touched the unknown monolith it gave a loud shriek in radio waves sent towards Nekiter, the largest planet in Neopia's star system. Nekiter was discovered to be the fifth planet in Neopia's star system. Further out than Ranturda, another gas planet in Neopia's star system discovered in year 8.

Year 13, a space mission to Nekiter was already in the advanced planning stages before the monolith on Kreludor was discovered. We now join the NCASE (Neopia's Council of Aeronautics and Space Exploration) briefing to find out who will serve on the mission to Nekiter.

-----

Enlistment form

Name:

Species:

Color:

Personality:

History:

-----

Name: Levy Astronomer

Species: Xweetok

Color: Brown

Personality: Strong-hearted fighter and he will do anything to achive his many goals.

History: His father died on one of the earlier shuttle missions to Kreludor but he doesn't let that get in his way. Brilliant strategist in comanding armies in Neopia's Civil War of year 10. He was assigned to the spacestation for some time afterward then brought down for the NCASE Mission to Nekiter briefing.

Name: Takinito Topsi

Species: Hissi

Color: Mutant

Personality: At first glance he looks like a brute, but he is rather gentle and kind-hearted.

History: He worked in Neopia's General Hospital for some time then was drafted as a medical surgen in the Civil War. His excellence was highly noted and after the war he was sent to the Virtupets station to work as a health food inspector. After finding several healthcode violations he nearly closed the station, but NCASE took him to the surface before he could make the final decision.

((No acctual story until the enlistment is over, we need at least six pets aboard the mission. Limit two characters per person.))

((((I'll be back on Sunday, around 3:00pm NST.))))

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Makino Voodoo

Species: Bori

Color: Faerie

Personality: Mainly gentle and Kind hearted. Sarcastic and even very strong.

History: Fresh out of College, he went to a recruitment center and got picked for a famous flight. He is very smart and cunning so they thought that he would be best.

Guest Астр&#10

I just thought I should add this, a list of the currently discovered Planets in the neopian solar system. (In order from sun)

Tryken (Terrestrial)

Neopia (Terrestrial)

Lactenrine (Terrestrial)

Ranturda (Gas Giant)

Nekiter (Gas Giant)

(Possible sixth? Astronomers are looking.)

Edit: Map maker? Sounds like He'd be best at Navigator.

Guest Астр&#10

((I double posted to get attention, the storyline has begun. Enlistment can still take place.))

Levy didn't have time to read throught the rest of the packet, "Planning for three years and they just now let me see this. At least I will have something to say to the reporters."

The Balboa was already set for the mission attached to the spacestation, it was just a matter of getting the crew aboard.

Name: Mihangal Haxell

Species:Acara

Color: Red

Age 22

Personality: cheery but often serious. Likes Zolar.

History: He was once a teacher in Neopia central in Zolar's school. Has degrees in Astrophysics and Chemistry.

Name: Zolar Thynn

Species: Lutari

Color: Pirate

Personality: fun loving and often naieve.

History: She was an Orphan on Mystery Island, brought to Neopia central. Likes cold weather more than hot. She is skilled with swords and daggers. Likes Mihangal.

Mihangal knocked on the door to Levy's appartment.

Zolar had been travelling with him since he'd left her school.

"Now Zolar, I want you to be on your best behaviour." he smiled looking into Zolar's eyes.

Guest Астр&#10

((mechanics? Let's try engineers.))

Takinito was allready aboard the Balboa looking over the recycling systems.

"These systems are very complex." Takinito's right head said.

"Yeah, but at the same time they are simple." Takinito's left head replied.

"Ok, let's go see the galley." Takinito's right head said as he took off towards access way 2.

Levy led Zolar to a car.

"Get in, we need to goto the mission briefing." Levy said.

"I still can't believe I got picked." Zolar replied after the car was heading down the road.

"Let's not worry about that now. When we get there, I want you to not say anything ok. Just let me answer all of the questions unless someone addresses you." Levy said to her with a stern voice.

Guest Астр&#10

"Levy, what is the purpose of going to Nekiter?" a reporter questioned.

"Although I am not allowed to give the full purpose, I will say this. We are in a race to study the planet before the high powered space telescope goes into orbit. Next question? Yes." Levy replied.

"Levy, are there only three members of the crew or are there more?" a red Ogrin asked.

"Very good question. No, our life-support systems manager is in orbit on the Balboa now going over the systems. He will be available for interviewing via video communication when we leave. Next, yes." Levy replied.

"Levy, when will the mission begin?" a shadow Lupe asked.

"We will leave Neopia's orbit in two days. After that we will head towards Ranturda. We will use Ranturda's gravity like a sligshot to give us extra speed and we should arive at Nekiter in about a year." Levy replied.

"Youre going into space, Makino." A government official told him.

"Already! This is great!" Makino said enthusiastically. "When is it? A month?"

"No. It's in two days." Makino uneasily smiled.

"Uh...thanks. I'll be ready for your ride in a little." Makino walked back in his house. I hope I'm ready for this...

Guest Астр&#10

"That's enough questions for now, we will be available for interview in three days. Good day." Levy said as he led Mihangal and Zolar off stage.

Makino got to the space station and found the Commander.

"Hey, I'm Makino. I'm the Navigator. I can't wait to get to Nekiter!" Hopefully this guy was nice and not as showoffy as Makino's teacher in college!

Guest Астр&#10

"Ahh of course, we couldn't get to Nekiter with out you. The rest of the crew is already on the Balboa. We leave tomorrow." Levy replied.

"Thank you! I hope I can enjoy the time. It would be especially good if we find something of extreme interest! It could change our current knowledge for forever!" Makino walked to the Balboa. "i'm going to see if everything I need is in the right place." At that moment, Makino spread his wings to look around.

Guest Астр&#10

Levy was on the phone when he said, "...really? wow, yes I will be sure to tell them."

Levy walked aboard and said aloud, "Everyone, astronomers have confirmed a moon orbiting Nekiter. They are debating a name now."

"I have some favorite people of neopian Mythology! Why not Traikaler, the gaurdian of Terror Mountain. Or maybe Ceriolluses, the God of the clouds?

Guest Астр&#10

"I'll let them debate it, I did hear Ceriolluses in the background chatter though." Levy replied.

"Life-support systems nominal. Everything seems to be in order." Takinito's right head said.

"Ok, get some rest. We break off from the station tomorrow." Levy said.

Makino flopped on his bed and fell asleep. This is going to be something... A ship... I'm never going to be this excited in my life!

Zolar was nervous.

She'd never left Neopia's soil before. She wanted to scream and run off, dragging Mihangal with her.

Why did I have to do this? she thought, wishing she's never attempted to become a mechanic apprentice in space.

"One minute until take-off" croaked the announcer.

Zolar was petrified and started to pace everywhere, wishing she was somewhere else. Somewhere nice like mystery island...

Guest Астр&#10

There was a loud snap then the gravity was turned off.

"Artificial gravity will be restored in ten minutes. We are now free from the space station..." Levy's voice said professionally over the speaker.

Takinito was looking out the window, watching the station get smaller.

"Hey, there's Mystery Island." Takinito's left head said as he looked out the window.

Guest Астр&#10

"Slow acceleration to Ranturda, eta five months." Levy's voice said over the loud speaker while Zolar was waking up.

"Makino please report to the bridge, Makino please report to the bridge." said Levy again over the speaker.

"What is it Levy? What do you need? Something wrong?" Makino tried to be as official as he could.

Guest Астр&#10

"I need you to check our coordinates, I got us going in the general direction. Make sure we are in the right position to visit Ranturda in five months." Levy said while he pointed to a seat next to his, Levy's seat was clearly the pilot seat.

After Makino checked the coordinates. "We need to move our direction east. We might even cut a little time this way."