Major Guild Rule Confusion

Randy

Okay I get that we're not allowed to run contests, but is it a rule now that we as leaders aren't even allowed to give stuff away to our members who work hard and do challenges?

My Random vision account wasn't frozen but it has been locked for twenty-four hours, because I said on our front page that I had two paintbrushes for people to "win" I didn't specify HOW they could win them, I didn't say they had to donate, in fact our guild doesn't even take donations except for Christmas, and I've emailed them twice without a response, so can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks.

I think that still counts as a contest since members are competing to win those PBs, though they don't know how. It's okay for you to give the PBs to the members you think deserve them without making an announcement about it or without telling members how to win it.

Hope that helps. :/

Yup, all contests and giveaways are illegal in Neopets. Items can not be won, because it could be a potential scam.

Personally for me, I like to give away little graphics. Like have a trophy you give to them to put in their lookup or something. I also made a guild trophy cabinet to have all of the winners of competitions and trophies for the contests.

My guild has occasional friends-only auctions, that I think are legal. Maybe you can put up on the guild a graphic or something to win, then just send the winner a PB. I like the trophy in look up idea. You'd also have to work out the graphics though.

Jeeze that is so lame, especially since it states in our website and our front page that Items and NPs will NOT win you special treatment and are NOT a requirement to participate in guild activities. bah, but thank you though I really do like the trophy image idea, I just need to find a way to start making graphics again; Thanks guys.