Twilight

m3l3ana

Ok.... So everyone told me I needed to read the Twilight series and so I have!!! Well actually I just started the fourth book, as I finished the third book a couple of hours ago... Now I just figured out that the movie came out in the US this weekend (GRRRRR... Angry that I live in NZ at the moment).... So I was wondering if anyone has seen it or been to watch it yet.... and if you have (I am majorly jealous!!!!!!!) but I still want to know what you thought of it!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I have been searching the web to see what the characters and stuff looks like (can't believe who is playing Edward.... GRRR) and also have watched a lot of the clips on youtube.... I am sort of shocked some of it and I have a feeling that it is definately not going to do the books justice....

Your thoughts.... please

The book is definitely a lot better. It wasn't exactly what I thought it would be. But still it was pretty good.

I actually love robert. I thought he made a really good edward. But I don't like the girl playing bella, i thought her acting and voice was terrible. Alice wasn't how i pictured her, but rose was. I love the guy playing jasper...so hot....

I saw it, but I purposely didn't read Twilight for a month or two before it came out because I didn't want to be going, "Oh, it was different in the book," or,"Oh, why did they change that?"

You just have to remember they had to change some parts.

Pro's:

Especially:

Acting

Faithfullnes to the book

Music

Everything else that isn't in the con section

Con's:

Some of the special effects weren't great

Some of the lines came off more than a bit cheesy

A couple of the camera shots were a bit annoying

How Kirsten Stewart (Bella) sometimes went into monotone

From watching the trailer I didn't like Bella's voice and I am not the only one! But I don't like Robert playing Edward... I don't know what it is, maybe it is just that I can't get Cedric out of my head and he keeps reminding me of him.... Looking at the pictures on twilightseriestheories.com I quite like Carlisle!!! Still not 100% on some of the other characters either and for some reason Emmett is not how I pictured him!

I rather agree with everything Katy said. Some of the camera angles kept shaking... bugged the heck outta me. And to me, Robert (Edward) sounded a bit odd at random times in the movie. And some of the hairstyles were just plain weird.

I really want to fly over to the US and watch the movie... You know if I was rich I would!!!! BLAH!!!! I don't want to wait... It doesn't come out til boxing day over here GRRR!!!!

Who's hairstyles Anime??

I've only heard of it... seems like it dissapointed some people a little, but they still loved it. It's hard to judge a movie based on comments from its books' superfans. One impartial person said it was "okay," but that still doesn't tell me if I should go see it or not...

There were times when Edward's hair was just fluffy, and I kept thinking that Carlisle's hair made him look like a platmium blonde Ken doll. That might just be me, but yeah.

Isn't Carlisle sort of supposed to look like that though??? And Edward never has fluffy hair, that would really peeve me off!!! I can't be non judgemental when it comes to movies made out of books that I love... I am probably one of the most critical people out there, when it comes to that!

I really didn't care if they missed things... or if they had bad special effects...

Pshaw, I saw to that.

And pshaw I still say.

It doesn't matter as long as there's hot guys abundant in the movie.

Here's a small list of the one I can rememeber:

Edward (obviously)

Jacob

James

Emmett

Jasper

Carlisle

Laurent

Eric Yorkie (I sooo called him before all my asian friends. :P)

I think I'm going to wait until it comes out on DVD, mainly because I've heard from everyone who has seen the movie, that the book is so much better. They say the acting is not that bad, but that Kristin Stewart killed the character of Bella. I've seen the trailers and clips and she may not be the best actress out there, but it doesn't look like she killed the character. Then again, I have to watch the whole movie as a whole. In conclusion, from what I've heard, the movie is not bad, but it's not the greatest.

I think Twilight is too overrated and I think it has to do with the fact they postponed Harry Potter - HBP. Before that, no one knew what it was, or at least they weren't as crazy as they are now. It's just a teen vampire love story; nothing special. Still, it kills the boredom XD.

Well.... I don't care whether it is bad or not... Still have to see it and definately have to see it at the movies... So... In saying that I got impatient and decided that I wanted to see the movie now (which is exactly feasable) so I booked in for the premier which is on the 12/12/08!!!

I think it is slightly more than a teenage vampire love story... Slightly more real and really makes you think in some parts.. HP is more fantasy... I like both.. Can't wait for HBP to come out either!!!!!

I have heard that Bella wasn't acted very well either.. But I guess I shall have to see the movie to figure that one out... Trailers didn't leave me too hopeful though... Bella is a hard character for me to picture... I can't quite get my head around her and I guess it would be real hard to find someone to fit her character perfectly... She needs to be pretty in her own way, but not beautiful... I don't know... I have issues trying to picture the perfect Bella in my head!

I haven't seen it yet, I vowed to go with a friend and she's working until very late. I think Kristen Stewart as bella looks.... weird, I mean I know in the book bella wasn't supposed to be super pretty, but I've seen kristen at premiers and she looks incredibly pretty compared to the trailers, I mean she looks sick, I bet she looks more like a hungry vampire than edward.

I've heard about this books a loong time ago, I'd seen a lot of icons and stuff in deviantart about edward cullen, and then when I knew they were making a movie and I knew that Robert was gonna play him, I got interested and read the books hahahahaha I always thought he was cute buuut I never really liked Cedric.

I think the books are cute, not great, just cute. The first one is my favorite, the rest I thought they were blegh... and I didn't like the 4th hehehehe :P just my opinion, I don't wanna upset the hardcore fans.

hahaha I have the same Birthday as bella :) sept. 13th

"I think Twilight is too overrated and I think it has to do with the fact they postponed Harry Potter - HBP. Before that, no one knew what it was, or at least they weren't as crazy as they are now. It's just a teen vampire love story; nothing special. Still, it kills the boredom XD."

I think it was some kind of underground movement, because I also thought no one knew about it but then talking to some of my friend's sisters they all knew what it was about. But I agree it's super overrated, I liked Anne Rice's vampire stories better, because I like characters that have a wider range of emotions, Edward just seems too perfect to me, like he's all goody good pants and is only mean to jacob, I dunno, I enjoyed reading the twilight series, but I dunno if I'd read them again for a whiiile.

Edward isn't really that mean to Jacob... I mean they only really insult each other and then get over it for Bella... But Edward is suppose to be Bella's "Prince Charming" and that is exactly who he portrays... I guess they aren't he best books I have ever read, but they are good.

Now... I have to find another good series to read....

Ooh! I just saw Twilight today and it was GOOD! :D The graphics were a little poor, though. :/ But the movie stayed true to the major events of the book, and the fight between Edward and James was awesome. ^_^

I was sort of wondering what that was all about because Edward and James don't really fight in the book, well you don't really hear about it cause Bella is unconcious!

Which brings me to another point about the series... I am slightly peeved that she is not continuing the Edward books. I want the series from his point of view and even though the first 13 chapters were leaked does not mean I would not buy the books or still read them... I mean there are still another three books after that one!!!!

EDIT: I decided to quote this off www.stephaniemeyer.com (I still think she should continue writing it!!!)

August 28, 2008

As some of you may have heard, my partial draft of Midnight Sun was illegally posted on the Internet and has since been virally distributed without my knowledge or permission or the knowledge or permission of my publisher.

I have a good idea of how the leak happened as there were very few copies of Midnight Sun that left my possession and each was unique. Due to little changes I made to the manuscript at different times, I can tell when each left my possession and to whom it was given. The manuscript that was illegally distributed on the Internet was given to trusted individuals for a good purpose. I have no comment beyond that as I believe that there was no malicious intent with the initial distribution.

I did not want my readers to experience Midnight Sun before it was completed, edited and published. I think it is important for everybody to understand that what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being. As the author of the Twilight Saga, I control the copyright and it is up to the owner of the copyright to decide when the books should be made public; this is the same for musicians and filmmakers. Just because someone buys a book or movie or song, or gets a download off the Internet, doesn't mean that they own the right to reproduce and distribute it. Unfortunately, with the Internet, it is easy for people to obtain and share items that do not legally belong to them. No matter how this is done, it is still dishonest. This has been a very upsetting experience for me, but I hope it will at least leave my fans with a better understanding of copyright and the importance of artistic control.

So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely.

I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun. It was only an incomplete draft; the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting? It has taken me a while to decide how and if I could respond. But to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available here (at the end of this post). This way, my readers don't have to feel they have to make a sacrifice to stay honest. I hope this fragment gives you further insight into Edward's head and adds a new dimension to the Twilight story. That's what inspired me to write it in the first place.

I do want to take a moment and thank the wonderful fans who have been so supportive of me over the past three years. I cannot begin to tell you how much each of you means to me. I only hope this note will stop all the confusion and online speculation so that the Twilight universe can once again become the happy escape it used to be. After this incredibly busy year, I am now focusing on spending more time with my family and working on some other writing projects.

--Stephenie

Midnight Sun Partial Draft (if you are having problems viewing it, please click here.) This material is copyrighted by Stephenie Meyer. Any retranscription or reproduction is illegal.

Yeah I want to start reading the draft, but am reading other stuff at the moment and I am sort of hoping she will continue on writing it so that I can read the book instead of a draft!!!!

I loved the movie, I've seen it twice already, and now that I have read the draft of Midnight Sun I will probably go see it again.

I mean just like the Harry Potter movies it has it's ups and downs, but overall I really loved it. The soundtrack is incredible too, buy it!

And although am really mad at Stephanie Myer for this stunt she is pulling with Midnight Sun (it's just not fair to the rest of us)

these books will totally go down as one of my all time favorite series. If I could bring any fictional character to life

I would bring to life Edward in a heart beat. I'm more than a little obsessed with him.

Midnight Sun is definitely worth reading even though it's only a partial draft, but to ease your pain about not getting the full story I would reread Twilight up until where Midnight Sun picks up, then read Midnight Sun, and then go back to reading Twilight where Midnight Sun leaves off. It still hurts not to know what Edward was thinking on lines like, "He said something under his breath so fast I couldn't understand it," but you get caught up in the book, and forget how mad you are that she is making us wait a minimum of two years before she finishes the other half of the freaking book!

And now I'm finally, really this time, going to go make a topic I have been meaning to make since forever...

Don't be mad at the author for something a stupid fan did. You can't write the same way knowing that people have all ready seen it in it's bad unpolished version.

Think about it: would you be happy if someone illegally leaked your work of art that you thought wasn't really good and people judged you by it?

Writing a book (one that's being eagerly awaited, no less) requires you to have the right frame of mind. Stephanie is really upset about the leak right now, and if she were to continue writing the book as she is now, it would probably be a depressing book. Give her time. She'll recooperate. :)

I can understand she is upset... I mean I would probably throw a million tantrums if it was my book... I am just impatient and since I begun reading the series have always thought it would be better from Edwards point of view.

I am not as obsessed with Edward as a lot of people seem to be... I mean so OK he is cute and considerate and almost every girls dream, but so was Jacob. I don't know... I think if she could have twisted it right the series would have been just as good if Bella ended madly in love with Jacob... Anyways... I like both of them... and my favourite character would have to be Alice!