Shop layout

ChaoticFission

as many of you already know, when creating an html layout, neopets has very strict filters. in most cases, they can be disabled by using <style /> ... </style />. for the shop, however, this gets filtered out and disabled. i found an alternative "hack": <style > ... </style > (leave a space). it works :)

now on with what i need help with: does anybody still have ie6? i am trying to make a cross-browser compatible shop layout. on ie7, for some reason, the drop-downs were falling behind the canvas, so for both ie6 and ie7, i turned them off. can anybody please verify if that is true?

http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=chaoticfission

thanks.

I've read your post...

but I don't use IE at all, taken that I'm on a mac, and we gave away all our PCs after mom got a macbook :P.

I am sure somebody around here still uses IE6, although it's a very very outdated browser (that all designers hate).

PS: Rending is perfect in Safari.

I've read your post...

but I don't use IE at all, taken that I'm on a mac, and we gave away all our PCs after mom got a macbook :P.

I am sure somebody around here still uses IE6, although it's a very very outdated browser (that all designers hate).

PS: Rending is perfect in Safari.

yes i know what you mean... ie6 causes me daily headaches and grief...

especially annoying when the people who you answer to refuse to upgrade their machines...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Merry HBK!
yes i know what you mean... ie6 causes me daily headaches and grief...

especially annoying when the people who you answer to refuse to upgrade their machines...

I know some of those, trust me. Seriously, Microsoft should just make everyone upgrade automatically (like Firefox does).

• 2 weeks later...

I took three screenshots. I used IE version 6.0.2900.5512:

sc-001.jpg

sc-002.jpg

sc-003.jpg

I usually use Firefox. I only used IE6 because nobody has given you any screenshots yet. This, however, is the last time I'll use IE6. The darn thing crashed when I tried to clear cache, cookies, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I use ie6 and the drop downs go behind the layout as well, not sure if that was an answer you were looking for?

I never seen it happen before though, so I dunno what to say to ya ><