I can't turn my AdBlocker off!

aquacoolchick

In FF3 I have a stop icone at the top of my browser (see attached file), and I can unactivated the adblocker for a page or a site when I click on it. Then it turns into a green circle to tells me the adblocker isn't on.

post-652-1226691971.png

Go to tools, and click on add-ons. In the window you see, an adblocker might be there. Simply click disable and restart Firefox. If it's not there, then go to the top of the Add-on window, and click plugins. It should be in either of the two places. If you still can't find it, come back.

Go to tools, and click on add-ons. In the window you see, an adblocker might be there. Simply click disable and restart Firefox. If it's not there, then go to the top of the Add-on window, and click plugins. It should be in either of the two places. If you still can't find it, come back.

Nope. No adblocker there.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words. Quotes don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Alright. That's a problem. Are you using Windows or Mac? Also, do you know about where you got the guide? Like a friend, a Neopets help site, and such?

I'm using Windows XP.

I got the guide from TDN but back in those days, I had to download Net something and something else and then type something into Notepad and save it as Neopets and then use that file as a filter somewhere. I deleted the Notepad document but the advert at the top of the page is still blocked. That's about all I know.

Are you sure that this guide was from TDN? I've gone through the Wayback Machine archives, and I can't find anything like that. Do you have an approximate date for this?

Ah, I think you might be referring to our old Chromedit Plus method. :yes: The guide was changed to cover a more user friendly method a while ago.

The problem with Chromedit is that it works in a 'dirty' manner, and even if you remove it or manually instruct it to revert the changes you made, it doesn't usually fix things up. You *should* be able to revert the changes by deleting the custom CSS files in your Firefox profile. On Windows XP your profile is located at C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows login/user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

The profile itself should be named something like '24rws5.default'. Once inside, open the 'chrome' folder and you should see either 'userChrome.css' or 'userContent.css' (or possibly both). Make sure Firefox is closed, then delete those files. Things should be back to normal when you start Firefox again.