Neopets.com Vs. Flash?

*SG*

I will get the screen shot and post it tonight, but I wondered if anyone else was experiencing a Flash error out on msn serve process that neopets.com has?

I get it about four or five times immediately in a row and then my browser just crashes.

It started after I got the Petpet Park Plot theme O.o?

It wants you to change permissions in your adobe settings, which I did, but it still happens.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Candy Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Site Feedback, Bugs, and Help’ to ‘Neopets Help’.

I've attached a screen shot of the error, but in short :

Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation.

The following local application on your computer or network:
java script:parent.payload1039
is trying to communicate with this Internet-enabled location:
msn.serving-sys.com

To let this application communicate with the Internet, click Settings.
You must restart the application after changing your settings.

post-9575-1225593945_thumb.jpg

Synnie was experimenting the same thing a few days ago... nobody figured what was the problem yet, I believe...

If you can, check if it happens on another machine / OS.

I tried, Safari, IE, and Firefox for browsers and it happens on all of them, sadly I only have Vista, XP, and Ubuntu to test and so far it has happened on all of them :(

I sent the report to Neopets help as well so hopefully I'll hear something back heh.

I'm pretty sure that's related to bad coding in one of the Flash advertisements... maybe blocking the ads will get rid of it? TDN has some guides on how to do so. :yes:

Heyy, I have been getting that too! I am on a Mac. I play neopets with firefox. I didn't know anyone else was getting that! I just click ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think it is the ads that are causing the problems. I always block ads on all the sites I visit (there are few exceptions) but now I grew too attached to Google Chrome because of the speed which don't have add-on support so I can't block ads. Now my tabs occasionally get hung by something (always starts when the ads are left) which makes me really wish Google put a physical "Stop" button that works (and no, I am not using the "about:hang" on myself. I would rather use "about:crash" instead since I can be expecting a warning from Google Chrome that the tab is unresponsive anyways).

If this continues, I would be forced to sacrifice the speed and go back to Firefox.

I was mentioned~?

I quite don't like Google Chrome. It's still slow for me, anywho. ...Honestly, It messes up when I click back. It really doesn't help. I think you should stick with Firefox, NeoOlogy. But, that's beside the point. When I had gotten those a couple weeks / months ago, It seems that it was the ads causing the trouble, but even so, with them blocked, I still had the trouble of that irritating pop up.

"To let this application communicate with the Internet, click Settings.

You must restart the application after changing your settings."

You would have to do as it says, I'm afraid. Then maybe download something to aide in getting rid of them. What it's telling you to do is to go into Adobe Flash's safety program and change it to accept it.

"Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation."

Yes, the ads are very unsafe, considering there has been some kind of inappropriate things being sent once in a while, like trojans, which I have found. But I'm sure you can clean them off if you accidently manage to click on them.

So, go into your Flash's safety and either agree with it to, or disagree with it to, let the programs run through to your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess TNT fixed it because I haven't gotten it since I reported it! (I guess that's a good thing!)

But I haven't found an add-blocker plugin for firefox that works on flash ads! Help anyone?

Every one I have only pulls up the player options (the normal stop, play, etc that you get with any flash ad or game).