Neggs?

onemilcows

Okay, so my question is: How do you get Neggs without buying them? Quests or what? Is it even possible?

...and what exactly do they do? o.0

It depends on the kind of negg you want. There are six types of Neggs you can get from playing Keyquest: Negg, Purple Negg, Icy Negg, Super Icy Negg, Lime Swirly Negg, and Lemon Swirly Negg.

Others you can get from just walking around, stealing one from the Snowager, etc.

If you want other types (usually the rarer ones like Faerie Negg or Super Negg), you can either buy them using the Shop Wizard or the Trading Post. Or, if you collect enough of the above neggs or find enough of them, you can trade them with the Negg Faerie for rarer Neggs. For example, I had a ton of neggs from Keyquest so I traded them for a Witchy Negg, which goes for about 100k.

Those are just some ways, I'm sure there are a ton more.

As for what they do, each one tends to have its own special 'gift'. There are lists out there that tell what each do. I think the Cool Negg increases all of your Neopets stats by one or two points. The Smart Negg increases intelligence a few points I believe. Others (like the plain negg) will just feed your pet. If you feed your pet a R99-R100 negg, it will count towards the Gourmet List.

Just find one of those lists and they'll tell you.

Just find one of those lists and they'll tell you.

Or you could just use TDN's handy negg list. ;) It has all the various special effects of neggs, along with their value in Neggery tokens. /plug :P

Or you could just use TDN's handy negg list. ;) It has all the various special effects of neggs, along with their value in Neggery tokens. /plug :P

LOL! LOVES THE PLUG! LOVES IT!

This poor site...

I think the forum is so active and awesome people forget the HELP SITE that it is attached to...

Update: Well I guess not everyone one forgets since TDN IS #1!

You can get Neggs in random events too... the Easter ones. They are pretty XD.

As for people forgetting the site attached to the forums, it's probably because our content is so large and covering so much things... sometimes I even forget if we have a content page about something or what is on the content page XD.

Some neggs are also widely used by most high level battle simply becasue they save time from training. Most neggs however, count only toward collections, or for accumulating negg points at the neggery where more powerful neggs can be gotten. The rest, everyone else have already said :)

and I think they've awarded some neggs in past quests, I have a Stormy Negg but I'm pretty sure I haven't bought it because I never buy neggs, I also don't know if it gives you any tokens, the bright colorful easter negg which someone above mentioned, Garin negg which says is just a painted negg, I think I got that from the pirates vs. maraqua war

I don't really care to try to go to as many pages as possible just to get a random event

You don't have to :)

Play games that aren't flash games and you'd be surprised at the amount of stuff you pick up :)

Along with faerie quests!

Things like round table poker, or pyramids, solitaire, etc.