Scamanders At The Money Tree

FutureTXTurkey

I was at the money tree and there were like a million scamanders there...

So I click on one I got the screen you can see attached below. Does anyone know what this is about?

Has it happened before, and is there any significance to it? I've never seen it, and I was thinking

it could perhaps be there start of some site event, or maybe something to do with a plot?

Updated: The were supposedly donated by the user: Scamander-In-Chief, but when I search for that user it doesn't exist...

post-8697-1223833292_thumb.jpg

I decided to try my luck at the Money Tree because of this and Scamanders do appear and that does happen.

The funny thing is that when I was typing in "Scamanders" and saying it to myself as I was typing it, I realized it is "Scam Enders". My guess is that they are probably supposed to distract bots from taking everything off the Money Tree.

I think the mystery is solved. (I also searched "Scamander" and it doesn't show up as anything in the main Neopets Search)

Well in my curious state I decided to head on over to the money tree to see if I could find any and sure enough there were loads of them, all donated by this Scamander-In-Chief person. Looking at the screen that comes up I cant help but think of the trick TNT played on users with the advent calendar one year where it said we were given a wand of super nova, only to have the pant devil come and steal it on the very same page. TNT can be so cruel at times. lol

The user's ID is actually Scamander_in_chief, as Neopets does not accept hyphens in usernames. He/she is a Neopets Monitor older than Adam, so it's a fake account for this purpose only. This is probably not indicative of a plot, as this has happened in the past, a few years ago.

• 11 months later...

Hi,thanks for posting. I'ved heard about this a year ago and many called this as a scam. Is this true?

Regards,

colic101

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than 3 weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.