Columbus Day

Strategos

Columbus Day is coming up on Monday, and most of us are looking at a three day weekend. Is anyone going anywhere fun? Personally, I'm going to stay home all weekend.

Ah, so that's why I was told to be careful on the road, this Monday - lots of kids/pedestrians. When you're no longer in school, and not in a government job, then you don't get the day off... *sighs*

I think that like other people, I'm gonna enjoy this nice long weekend =) Personally I have no plans for Columbus Day...if relaxing counts, then that's my plan. :P

It feels good to have a long weekend...been wanting one for a while now =)

^ Columbus Day is a holiday celebrated in the US (I think it isn't celebrated in other countries...I believe in some states it is a legal holiday, like here in NY :P) and I believe it's celebrated on the 2nd Monday of October. (Ironically Canadian Thanksgiving falls on the same day :P) And according to wikipedia it's also celebrated in Spain and some of Latin America xD

I live in mexico and we celebrate it on the 12th, it's called "dia de la raza" and most of the times in school they make this mini-plays on how C. Colombus discovered america. We dont get the day off though, the only days off we have this semester is on sept. 16 - independence day, ad november 20th - revolution day.

oh btw, In mexico, "5 de mayo" it's not as important as people in usa think, I think for us it'll be like the battle of El Alamo for usa, like it's important, but not as the 4th of july, that's the way it's for us, sept. 16th is waaay more important

• 3 weeks later...