Just to clarify: there were never any CGs on TDN

Ian

Hello everybody!

A couple of people have gone emo on us saying things such as, "DONT VISIT TDN THEY HAS COKIE GRABERZ!" That is actually not true. To completely and fully explain what happened several days ago, one of our moderator accounts was compromised for an unknown reason. BUT it could not have been a cookie grabber, because the "hacker" was simply posting suspicious off-site links (off-site links cannot get cookies for other websites, it's physically impossible; this is not the nature of how CGs work).

So, in sum, The Daily Neopets has never had cookie grabbers (nor will it ever). b)

Just want you to feel safe while you're browsing TDN!

Ian

If this is true, what happen to my like 600K NP I had?

You had probably visited the off-site website and that was where your details were taken. I still don't get how the system worked but did you possibly login to the page that was displayed directly from clicking on the link or on the login page as you clicked on the top corner right? But as I'm not such an expert I think it was from the moment you visited the link that all your details were taken.

Can someone clarify this or correct my advice?

But also remember it was best to change your passwords. I, also was dumb enough to have visited the link, logged into the non-neopets login page but changed my password straight away as I was advised to. Until now my account wasn't touched. Hopefully it won't be at all.

What Stephanie said is correct - nothing on TDNF could have stolen cookies for Neopets.com, but some scammers on the forums posted off-site links with fake login pages that could have been used to steal your account information.

If this is true, what happen to my like 600K NP I had?

How is that TDN's fault? You probably fell for a scam or something, or maybe the hacker saw your password when he was in control. Geez, when you sign up there's a message that says not to use the same password as you do on Neo -_-.

@Aang: Did you click on a link here on TDNF a day or two before it was down? That link led to a different site, which did have a cookie grabber, but it wasn't on TDN.

Well I'm sorry your NPs are gone, but it was not our fault and we did not place a cookie grabber on our site. As explained before, it wouldn't even work because a cookie grabber for Neopets has to be placed on Neopets to store the data.

I've no idea what happened to your NPs, but nobody at TDN has a way to know your password for Neopets. Moderators can't see or change members password on our forums.

Also, Neopets has pin protection so that even if your account is accessed then a pin is still needed to remove funds from your bank.

Be sure to pin protect everything possible, it's just an extra layer of protection!

• 2 weeks later...

Of course I believe there are no Cookie Grabbers here! ^_^ If that was true I would be too traumatised to come back!