Half price day- A reflection

naalaro

As a restocker,today's my first time actually attending half price day. And to be honest.

I really love it, but hate it at the same time

For one its exhausting.

Seriously, i'm rushing around like a mad chicken. My head hurts after close to 2 hours of frantic clicking

I also dont appreciate that the ENTIRE neopian pupulation and their every mother, father, sister, or grandmother, seems to be hogging the shops, and items go so fast my restocking rhythm was totally off balanced for the first 20 minutes or so.

Seriously, its like even those master unbuyable restockers are out there clicking away at stuff they dont normally buy heh. I mean, half the shop gone in under two seconds?

However, i really liked how empty the sops was, and how fresh the restocks were. It was a new set every time, and there were a whole bunch of good items to choose from. (bust since items fly off worse than rush hour on a normal day, you dont really get ANY time to choose, just the quickest ever glance, with a split decision thrown in, and the mad rush to haggle a price)

I missed plenty of great items i normally would not miss. At the same time, i managed to get my hands of great items i normally would not see restocking on a normal time scale and speed. Ultra Rares for example, and i even managed to get my hands on two unbuyables ^^ I also saw r99items popping up (you know, those multi million ones, and i missed one, to my utter disgust, because i was so flustered i typed the price at 99999 when i only had 98668, resulting in me getting kicked out of the shop instead of GETTING that 4 million item GARGH!!!)

Part in parcel, i found this day to be a great challenge. I definitely feel that the restockers push their skill to the limit on this day, and i respect that, and love the challenge it presents! You know, i wonder when my master restocker friend of mine is gonna send me pictures of his exploits of the day...could be anytime now...

I'm just happy if I can get 3 items per restock XD. And they are not great or special. Usually I forget about the half price day... but I decided to check in the only shops I know what can give you a small profit (so namely the food shop, choco shop, bakery). And I'll probably end up having difficulties to resell things. XD

Yup, half price day is one of the most competitive, should i say 'sports' in neopia. :P I went for the hotdog stall first and left in disappointment.

But it sure was fun! I think I couldn't live without half price day!

Bleh, after the first three months, I got tired of Half-Price day. <_<

Too much competition. Sure, you save 5K on an R95+ item, but to me, it's only 5K. :/ I'd prefer to pay 10K with less competition. XD

Yeah, i totally agree on that one. The money you save from getting some unbuyable is going to be negligible compared to the huge amounts of competition.

If you're not a serious restocker like naalaro (who I quite frankly admire for all the trouble they go through) then I find that it's not worth all the stress and strain. Buying items is difficult enough on a normal day without the madness of sales to go along with it

half price day is more pain then gain for me. i have enough problems getting items on regular days so it just isnt worth the extra hassle of the extra people.

but i would like to say how impressed i am at those who successfully buy multiple good items from shops on half priced day. or any day for that matter. some day i may become as good as you. :rolleyes_anim:

i forgot about half price day, i actually only heard about it once. so when i saw people talking about it i was like "oh, oops..." o_O