The idea of Goals.

naalaro

Well dudes, one of my friends just achieved all the goals she set for herself on neopets. Like SERIOUSLY everything. She got the dream pet she wanted, the gallery she wanted, she even won all the trophies she wanted.

She suddenly does not know what to do, and tells me she is suddenly bored.

Im shocked. You would think the whole Neopets experience after 4 years would not be limited simply to the idea of 'Goals' but of the fun time and anticipation of new content, friendships made online, and the imaginary bond with the Pet. Honestly, if it were me, and i went into Neopets with simply a 'to do list', i would not even had went in anyway XD

But i realise that many people do that. I think many people measure the fun they achieve on neopets, to the amount of goals completed, rather than the entire experience that made it special. I personally really like the site, and how it strives to create a world not simply amde out of pixels, but a living breathing world both exciting and imemrsive, in the minds of every singel neopian out there. My Neopets mentality revolves around experience, rather than goals, with the idea of goals simply being a process, rather than a final consequence.

While im at it, im sure you guys can give me advice on what that friend of mine is to do now ;3

Well, if she really needs goals to enjoy Neopets, then she should set new ones. :yes: There's probably something she hasn't done yet - get a gold trophy for every single Neopets game in existence perhaps?

I agree with u naalaro that neopets should be about fun and all that you mentioned. But someone needs a purpose to play the game from day to day. But luckily U can always get new goals on neo. Because it full of opportunity. I advise to your friend that make new puposes and like make a giuld, get more trophies, get avvies, stamps... etc Its easy to find something else :)

i think you should set goals, so that you have something to work towards. although i love having fun too, i just make one goal id like to get done, like right now i just want to get a lot of money. im not even close and i dont really care. i dont have a whole list of stuff i want to do, i just decide, hm.... what do i want to do next??? so ill never really run out of ideas and get bored, i just figure out another fun thing i would like to do. :yes:

I like the idea of having goals with neopets. At the moment my current goal is to collect all the paintbrushes in neopets for my gallery (i figure that will take me ages if my restocking ability is anything to go on!), but i know of Avatar collectors, etc. I think with goals you should set harder ones every time.

i think you should set goals, so that you have something to work towards. although i love having fun too, i just make one goal id like to get done, like right now i just want to get a lot of money. im not even close and i dont really care. i dont have a whole list of stuff i want to do, i just decide, hm.... what do i want to do next??? so ill never really run out of ideas and get bored, i just figure out another fun thing i would like to do. :yes:

Yeah, thats another thing i do on neopets to facilitate my great experience there. I usually just take what comes as if on a day to day basis in real life, and thats it ^^

I like the idea of having goals with neopets. At the moment my current goal is to collect all the paintbrushes in neopets for my gallery (i figure that will take me ages if my restocking ability is anything to go on!), but i know of Avatar collectors, etc. I think with goals you should set harder ones every time.

Wow! Good luck on that one. But then again, i have seen people whose goals are like, to collect every r99 item in existence, and already has a HUGE size 1000 gallery or sumthin to prove that they're doing it...

But i feel sometimes, goals can be divided into quality levels. For eg, im learning how to code html and stuff, as well as practicing digital art to grace my gallery when i finally get all the items i need to set it up. I dont just WANT goals, i want goals that i can be proud of showing to someone else, and going original and creative is to me, the easiest way to do it :D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Well, the only thing I can really think of after finishing all your goals is to get your pet stronger and get an even larger gallery (and fill it with R99s or something).

Or maybe do the insane thing and try to work towards an MSPP or SuAP. o.O

Or maybe after getting that gallery, try to do all of Illusens Quests...

I don't really have any current goals on Neopets. Well, I'm trying to beat Neoquest 2 in all modes... if that counts as a goal! The best goals I've ever had was to get Illusen and Jhudora quests trophies! That was a real challenge to do! :P

Well, I was just giving example of goals that were effective for me in the past...

but since I don't really have goals at the moment, it's surely not what keeps me on Neo. That would be you guys!