TDN OpenSearch

Ian

Hey guys,

If you use Firefox or the latest version of Internet Explorer, in your search bar (built right into your browser) you should notice a "TDN Search" on that list. Be sure to choose that for fast searching here at TDN. :D

Theo rocks

Ian

Not sure about IE since I don't use it myself but for FF3, do you have the Google (well my default was Google I think) search in the top right corner? If you go to the TDN main site you'll see the little dropdown arrow next to the Google icon glows blue. If you click on that arrow then there should be an option to "Add TDN Search" to your list :)

IE7 has support for the OpenSearch protocol (and thus our little search plugin) as well, so it should work just fine there. :yes: The method for adding the search is pretty much identical for both browsers.

Guest Macness

What Izzy means is this:

tdnsearch.png

Anyways, it works awesomely good in FF3. IE7, didn't test, but it seems any browser that support adding new search engines (like Opera) should work too.

With the Peers add-on for FF, I get this awesomely cool Spotlight-based dropdown:

peerstdn.png

That's an interesting add-on you've got there HBK... *goes to check*

Unfortunately, only Firefox and IE support site-embedded OpenSearch plugins at the moment (which is what we're using). If anybody knows how to embed search plugins for other browsers, feel free to contact us and we'll see what we can do. :yes: