Little extra tip for those of you trying to get the Volcano Run avatar

twistypuzzler

This is my first post here, so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section or anything of that nature.

Also, if this is already common knowledge, I apologize. It's just something I've stumbled upon.

In Volcano Run 2, when collecting bonuses, the key number is 450. Once this is reached, they will stop appearing on the screen. However, this does not prevent you from getting more, so to speak. The highest possible score for bonuses available is 500. 50 more than the 'limit'.

The key is to get 440, but stop. Move your way to the back of the screen (once a tunnel is opening up, where bonuses would most likely be). Stay at the far back, even as the first bonuses appear on the screen. You have to wait as long as possible, and if another set of 3 bonuses does not show up, avoid grabbing the leading three. What you are waiting for is for 6 bonuses to be on the screen at the same time. By grabbing the first one, you cause no more to appear on the screen (They are now replaced by 3 fireballs), however there are still 5 on screen. Grabbing those sets your bonus to 500, so you just need 1000 distance for the avatar.

I myself still don't have it. My best right now is 1330. I would have had it too if my roommate hadn't bumped me. :\

P.S. I suppose it would actually possible to get a bonus of 560. That is if one you are at 440, and you wait for the 6 bonuses to appear, all of them are the ruby bonuses (20 instead of 10), but that is highly unlikely and possibly impossible. The most I've seen at once was 2/3 of a bonus group were the ruby ones. ( [10][20][20] ) It might be impossible to get 3 rubies in one group.

Thanks for the information, I somehow know about the stop at 440 thingy but I didn't know that if you get the 1st gem, the rest will not show up. I'm not very good at avoiding gems but luckily I got the avatar...

I suggest you avoid the gems entirely (unless it's a difference between life and death) until later on (around the 800-ish mark).

Either that, or avoid gems completely, get a decent distance (about 1051 to guarantee a 1500+ score in case you only get 450), then die, and go through it again for the gems.

And don't forget "glubgar"... XD

I've got that avatar ^^

Don't get ANY gems until your last life. *nods* your tips are correct.

I suggest like with all games, practice ^^

• 2 weeks later...