Neopets isn't very new member friendly.

Ablanix

:/

My niece plays neopets.

I decided to join yesterday.

Unfortunately, I can't do much.

I can't see rare items in shops, I can't adopt rare pets (not that I really want to), or edit my pet's description.

Plus I can't ask for help on the help forums or do most dailies.

Plus, already someone's tried to scam me.

xD

I'm probably just being whiny, but I was wondering if anyone noticed this.

The reason that you can't do much the first couple of days in Neopets is that they

1) Don't want people to post spam with n00b accounts that they don't care about (because if people remember the username and the password, it means they mightcare about their account.

2) Don't want newbies to pick up dailies, inject the items/NP into the economy, and then leave (inflation's bad enough already)

3) Don't want older players to feel "cheated out" of rare pets by newbies getting them from the pound just by luck

If there's something that you can't do that isn't covered by the above reasons, or if you don't understand any of them, post here and I'll get back to you.

From what I see, ever since the original TNT left, "customer service" has become worse and worse.

That, and the site does seem to be in favor with the older players, with continual inflation on most items...

I haven't had to use customer service yet, obviously, so I can't really make a judgment about it.

Actually, I sort of hope I never have to use it. xD

I don't mind if things are more expensive, so long as I can have a shop to be able to pay for it.

*stalks clock ;/*

I understand that people may abuse things like dailies, but seriously, what harm could they do with a pet description D:

*edit*

I understand that, I see.

I /don't/ really see why new members can't create a shop or pet description though.

:/

I /don't/ really see why new members can't create a shop or pet description though.

Well, it is possible, although it is against the rules, DO NOT DO THIS to get around the chat filters. Neopets doesn't want people to post inappropriate words or images, so they have that restriction, like I said, so that if you remember the username and password, you might actually want that account, rather than use it one-time.

it isn't new user friendly, but it does seem to be new account friendly. my son started (or restarted) an account and seems to have all sorts of great luck with the random events. his account is an underage account though and can't do much in the way of chat or even posting a wish (price) in the trading post.

welcome to neopets and here though!

I think it's mostly done to prevent scammers.

A lot of people make new accounts to scam, because they are trying not to get their account with good stuff on it frozen.

Examples:

1.New account is made to start auto-adopting at the pound, and then sell the neopets, both are against the T &C.

2.People spam the boards/work around the filters to post swear words on them "for fun."

3.People make new accounts to play games on to get around the, "You can only make neopoints three times a day per game" rule.

So much more, but you get the general idea.

After two days (I think) you can create shops, galleries, post on boards, etc.

After four months you should have access to everything. Good luck! ^_^

my best friend Jocelyn went to re-join like a week ago, I helped her, and she couldn't put anything in her shop. it told her she had to wait 24 hours before she could post anything.

we even tired to do something else but it didn't work, but we still could play games, then the next day she went on it at her house and she was able to do things she couldn't do that day I helped her sign up.

its all about the newbie thing, you have to wait 24 hours to do anything big, but after that you get to have all the fun in the world