There HAs to be an easier way...

naalaro

I just got my shop to a level 45. That means 225 items that can be held...as well as more headaches

I enjoy restocking, but i HATE pricing! I really dont like it when you have over 200 items at hand you want to finish pricing at the end of the day, only to have that shop wizard telling you that there has been too many searhces and whatever and halts you for 40 minutes! I also hate it when you unknowingly misspell that number with a "-" or suffix that causes the entire page to crash and you have to start pricing ALL OVER again from the top, and it worse when you just finsihed pricing the entire page...

GRRR...

There HAS to be an easier way! Any of you guys know of any secret method or anything? How do those with huge shops manage to price their items quickly and efficiently then??

The too many searches thing, you can try price things at the last half hour. So if you get too many searches, you don't have to wait as long.

Mispelling, just be more careful I guess... Maybe price a few items and update the page each time.

Though I don't hold a big shop, so can't really help there.

Well I'm not an expert or anything, but the one trick I do use when pricing items in my shop is triple-clicking on the item name to select it. I'm not sure if it applies to all browsers, but in Firefox 3 and above triple-clicking selects a whole paragraph, so it's a very convenient way to select an item name.

I'm not a re-stocker, and I know you've said it's no big deal, but if I have a few items to go into my shop, this is what I do -

Copy and paste the item names onto a blank page (microsoft word),

Put the items in my shop,

Go to the shop wizard and, from my microsoft word page, individually copy and paste (saves me typing much and having to constantly go back and check spelling!),

From the shop wizard results I decide my selling price and write it on my microsoft words page, so I don't forget,

Then I can just go to my shop (remember the items are already there), and check my decided price on my page, then add it all to the shop.

That was probably terribly explained, but maybe it can be of some use :D

Well I'm not an expert or anything, but the one trick I do use when pricing items in my shop is triple-clicking on the item name to select it. I'm not sure if it applies to all browsers, but in Firefox 3 and above triple-clicking selects a whole paragraph, so it's a very convenient way to select an item name.

You made my life easier too, i never actually knew how to select whole paragrapsh and/or words even though i did them before lol, thanks for the tip.

I only have a small shop but it's so frustrating I rarely sell or price things. I really wish TNT would add an auto button that would price things at the lowest current on the Wizard - give you a safety check once it tallies the price so you can decide whether to make it higher or not, then press ok! I know that would be impossible coding though :S

I only have a small shop but it's so frustrating I rarely sell or price things. I really wish TNT would add an auto button that would price things at the lowest current on the Wizard - give you a safety check once it tallies the price so you can decide whether to make it higher or not, then press ok! I know that would be impossible coding though :S

It wouldn't be impossible - actually, with a little Javascript/PHP knowledge, I think it would be quite simple to program. :yes: However, it would place an unimaginable load on Neopets' servers.