GCSE results.

The Original Luna

Last Thursday I got my GCSE results, however during the hubbub of excitement, anger and doom of forgetfulness, I did not remember to post this until about 10 minutes ago.

The day began with trepidation as I solely entered the school building (I know it's probably all jargon to you, but it's an account of what happened on that day.) (Did I spell Happened right?) (anywho...) I walked into the Foyer to collect my results, there were several teachers present- A balding Maths teacher, a over-exuberant History teacher known for the happy incidents in year seven: (and I quote " *Teacher jumps on table pretending to be a norman knight on a warhorse* "You are dead." *response* "But you killed me last lesson!" *Teacher's response* "Well you're dead again!" ") and a plump office lady with a unwavering jovial grin on her face.

"Would you like your results?"

"Yes Please,"

The big white envelope was handed to me, I said my thank-yous and sat down on the floor near the chairs (the chairs being fully occupied) and began to open the letter.

My first impression of the results were "I can't believe I got that for Art!" and "Haha, Look at what I got for P.E.!" and many other remarks. Then came the moment to tally the score to see if I had made the required points to get into the school. I knew that the results that I had got were good enough to study the lessons there, but had the points been counted correctly? I grabbed a scrap piece of paper and worked out the points: A was 3 points, and B was 2 points, with C being the lowest point you could still get and pass.

Counting all my passes (and failures) the score came to 13. I hadn't got in. Then my friend pointed out that I hadn't counted my Product Design Score properly. That boosted it to 14, one point short. I decided to recount, writing each subject and it's score next to it, the points coming to 15- I had got in. Proudly I told my friend, and then I remembered that I had to see the sixth-form teacher. I asked where I could find him and was directed to room 7.

Inside, there were three desks, each bearing a Teacher for sixth-form on the opposite side of them. I waited for my turn to come, My name called, I was sitting opposite a History teacher, an Irish Man that resembled Louis Walsh in all but his voice and clothing. I had not reckoned for what Mr Hay had to say.

"I am afraid to tell you that you have not met the required point score."

How was this possible, I had counted them together, a Teacher had been present at the time and had verified the result with me. How could I have not got in?

I asked, "But I have counted the points myself- I counted 15."

Mr Hay brought out a spare piece of paper and wrote down the scores, each next to their subject. "There was a slip inside your envelope that told you the result you had got..."

I quickly fumbled inside the envelope and found a small slip of paper, that bore the grim tidings.

"14 points?"

"Yes. I am afraid that you will not be coming to our school." Mr Hay said with a 'snooty' air. "Have you got another placement choice?"

I nodded. "I have applied for the college in Benfleet, and I do know I have got their offered place."

With that I was dismissed from the room to leave the foyer, The teacher came to me that had seen me with my results earlier.

"Isn't that a shame?" she said sympathetically. "Would you like to call your mother?"

"No." I said, "I want to break the news to her myself."

Her phone rang. It was her son that had rung to tell her his results.

I said my goodbyes and slowly left the foyer.

I touched the threshold's stone and whispered "Until we meet again..."

Then I left and made the thoughtful journey home.

-----------

That above was the long- now here's the short of it;

Art: A

English Language: B

English Literature: B

Drama: B

Food: B

Maths: C

Product Design: C

French: C

Sciences: C

Additional Sciences (Practical exams): D

P.E.: D

-------

But...going by how many points a certain grade is worth, I counted 15. How did he get 14?

Well...I'm sorry you weren't accepted. :( I wish you better luck for the future.

o_O Your GCSE results are being managed by people who can't even add properly! The total is 15 as a matter of fact. -_-

Art rocks of course - I'm glad you have the opportunity to do what you want to. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Man that is some killer writing up above...

Unfortunately I don't get a lot of the story...

Poor Little Texan That I Am I'm Afraid I Don't Know Much About The GCSE.

Tough luck though with the score though,

And I'm sorry you didn't get accepted.

Still you seem to be taking it well,

and with writing like that I don't think you'll be short of ways to

make money regardless of how school may go for you.