Odd double clicking...

TheUnknown

I don't know if this is a result of button mashing, since it never happened with my old mouse, but for some reason, whenever I click my mouse once, sometimes it counts it as two. I don't do anything special, but it just does that. I click post once, and it's posted twice. I highlight text, and when I do, the highlight is gone. I press a link on the "Awesome Bar" and instead, my mouse registers two clicks, so I end up on a site linked to my Bookmarks Toolbar rather than the link I want (since the links disappear after one click).

It just happened suddenly... Any ideas on what caused this?

it may be something with your new mouse

if youre on windows, go to:

control panel - mouse/hardware, and check the advanced settings, for any checkmarks that might be affecting it

The bottom part is clean, though I don't know about the area inside the mouse It suddenly started acting up. :/

I just also just the mouse area on the control panel. Nothing odd there either. Checked the "double click speed section" of mouse area, and sometimes, it only takes a click. :/

EDIT: After playing some games, and testing other things out, I can safely (or rather, unsafely) say that I don't double click during the times this occurs (random).

While playing Zurroball, the game suddenly randomly registers 2 EXTREMELY fast consecutive clicks, making the ball shoot up quickly for a LONG distance.

In Snow Wars 2, the buzzer sound that you hear when making an invalid move sounds often, as the "2 clicks" tries to put 2 pieces in one area.

It's definitely going at an impossible speed, one that I can't ever go at anyways. Maybe my computer's infected with something... :/

Oddly enough, I have yet to see this happen with my right-click...

This is actually a pretty common problem with mice as they get older (one of my mice is affected by it and it is extremely annoying). :yes: It's most likely a mechanical issue, so you don't have to be worried about your computer.

Well I guess you're just unlucky then. :( Hardware tends to be odd like that, and also some mice are manufactured better than others.