Ruby Tuesday Blowed Up?

Guest Levy

Today the Ruby Tuesday restraunt chain promised to blow up their last "Old" restraunt today at 3pm EST. I went onto the website at 3pm in hopes of seeing some destruction. But all I saw was the countdown clock set to another hour. I desided , well, come back in an hour. What happens? It is reset to count down from 56 minutes every time I revisit the site even after I clear my cache. I did some searching and found out that it had been air on their website... but here's what got me. It turns out they blew up the wrong restraunt.

The last Ruby Tuesday in the nation was slated to get blown up today, and we watched what we believed to be a live Webcast of the destruction this afternoon. (The video on the site is no longer playing.) In what will surely turn out to be a media-savvy prank — a similar structure a few hundred yards away from the Ohio restaurant went down instead. This is either genius or stupid. We'll wait and see which.

- http://nymag.com/daily/food/2008/08/ruby_t...restaurant.html

What are your thoughts and can you explain what happened 'cause I can't find the video anywhere...

Well a comment was posted on the website.

sadly, there is no Cheeky's Bar & Grill in Mount Holly, OH (or anywhere in OH) --- looks like a marketing stunt - a good one, but a stunt nonetheless.

I haven't a clue what a Ruby Tuesday or a Cheeku's is (I know they are restaurants though (I gathered that by the name)) But he seems to know more than me, so Im gonna go with the quote.

I've seen an commercial adverstising the destruction of the last Ruby Tuesday. I couldn't think of a reason why those people would even want to blow it up, but looking at that quote you posted, Levy, I'd say it was just a prank. -_-

EDIT: I found the video on youtube. Good ol' youtube. xD

This was probably a prank. They brought out the other building, pretend to blow up their own restaurant to make publicity.

My money is next month, in the destroyed Cheeky's, There will be a new Ruby Tuesday.

Business aren't bothered, if they have 2 stores next to each other, they are eliminating the competition. So this is a good way.

You just brought out a competitor old store. You advertise about blowing up a old store as advertising their restaurant.

They blow up the other store then rebuild their own there.

I really do not understand why they would do that

Well the commercial said they were blowing up the last "Old" Ruby Tuesday... Like they were starting anew. But I am sure it was just a stunt now... A prank... I'm so mad that I missed it. T^T

If this is a prank, it's certainly an entertaining one. :P

Maybe I like explosions a little too much...

Psst - there's a grammar mistake in the title.