Ever wish that you were born in a different Century?

m3l3ana

Lols... have you ever actually thought about it? I have and always wondered what it would be like to be born in the 17th, 18th or 19th. I read about some history in books, the way they lived, love, marriges, courting (;)), but to actually live in a Century where things are so different from ours ... meh ... I don't know, ever thought about it?

I love the way they used to live. It is so simple, yet so demanding. Sort of scares me too though, the wars, the killings, hanging, burning to a stake etc.

The courting and the way they marry, it is so much different from the demands of today :S Lols..

I love the way they used to live. It is so simple, yet so demanding. Sort of scares me too though, the wars, the killings, hanging, burning to a stake etc.

The courting and the way they marry, it is so much different from the demands of today :S Lols..

Very demanding, that's why I want a century where it is not, though simple is fine by me...I like it niiiice :insert ampersand here: easy ;b

& courting is different. I couldn't handle the difference.

You couldn't? Lols... I could. I am a romantic at heart and well it is romantic. There are so many more demands these days :S Lols... Although I don't know if I could have quite handled my father selling me off to someone!!

I think it would have been cool to have been born in a futuristic century...just to see what it's like. ^_^

Heh heh. You spelled farter instead of father. xP

Heh heh. You spelled farter instead of father. xP

No, my father is the farter ;b

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Princess Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words. Quotes don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I have never been that interested in the futuristic future :P Wouldn't mind go back in time though :)

:shiftyeyes_anim: No I didn't Morgan, what are you talking about?? XD

I think it'd be cool to visit the past, but not nessesarily be born there. I wouldn't want to give up my computer. XD

As far as the future goes, it'd be cool to see all that futuristic stuff. But maybe I just belong here for a reason =P

Visiting the past would be great. I would love to go to the 18th Century. See how they lived etc, not sure if I would come back though!

I've kinda wished it, because of my love for all the amazing architecture of the ancient civilizations and the whole 'discovering new parts of the world' thing. But when I really think about it I reailze how lucky we are to be alive now... things may be expensive/polluted, but we have so many rights and freedoms. It's unfortunate that the same isn't true for everyone around the world - hopefully it will be in a few centuries from now.

well...maybe not a century, but I would like to have seen what it was like in the 1940's. And not see pictures or anything, but to actually live during that time. I mean, World War II ended during this time, and the people who are still living who were alive during the '40's are just so fascinating and interesting in their younger years. They all have a story to tell about their experiences.

I guess I just have this strange fascination with that time. I read a lot of WWII/Holocaust books...I guess I get it from my dad, who's a big history guy, lol. :) Most people think it's weird that I read about such a bloody time, but in the shadow of evil, many good people rise. I think it's important to remember.

Hmm...I think that the medieval (sp?) 'era' was interesting as well. All the knights and kings and castles...if only chivalry was still as alive today as it was back then!

Lols... have you ever actually thought about it? I have and always wondered what it would be like to be born in the 17th, 18th or 19th. I read about some history in books, the way they lived, love, marriges, courting (;)), but to actually live in a Century where things are so different from ours ... meh ... I don't know, ever thought about it?

Endlessly! I would to have lived in Ancient Egypt or Victorian England. I love those two eras in history.

Strange huh? We have all the comfort we could wish for and yet we want to go back to times where the comforts of today don't exist yet. Sometimes I just think that we are too "spoilt" for our own good.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Zac).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from "Your Life" to "Random Chit Chat"

I'd rather be born in the future...it'll be more confortable, convenient, and better video games too. I just want to see new technology...and perhaps advances in space exploration...

I don't want to be born in the past cause all the torchering sounds scaring and I hate how women got all the crappy jobs. I wouldn't mind visiting it though.

I wish I could have been born at the end of the 18 century/ beginning of 19th.

Most people wouldn't want to live there because of n technology. But to me its a better thing. When my dad was younger (in 1950) All the kids used to be out playing sports/going camping etc, basically out doing things)

Now, all the kids either hang out in shops, or on their PC's.

Also In the past, it was easier to get jobs and save money.

I agree with Paul :D I love the history of the 18th/19th century. Sure life wasn't as easy, but I can live without the technologies of today. I might miss a hot shower though!!! Lols.. my dad always used to say, why don't you go out and do something and I never knew what to do. I think nowadays we are too spoilt for choice. The only thing that puts me off those centuries is the violence. Today we have sycopaths who go out and kill people, back then punishment/violence was law... hangings, floggings, beheading ... kind of frightens me a little!!

I think i would have liked to live in the late 1800's - early 1900's. with the exception of computers and air conditioning, i think it would have been a great time... people were closer and a lot more active. times were simpler and not so stressful. besides, im kind of a romantic and i think it would have been nice to be courted by suitors... and to wear fancy frilly dresses and nice suits.

besides, im kind of a romantic and i think it would have been nice to be courted by suitors... and to wear fancy frilly dresses and nice suits.

Lols... I agree. I love the courting and the beautiful dresses, but can you immagine how uncomfortable they would have been? :wub_anim: *daydreaming*

Our generation is boring.

I'd liked to go back to the 60's & 70's.

b)

The Hippie & Disco Age.

Personally I'd kinda like to be a scientist on the cutting edge of research when humanity finally gets round to a space travel revolution. :yes:

Personally I'd kinda like to be a scientist on the cutting edge of research when humanity finally gets round to a space travel revolution. :yes:

Do you want to be someone working on Ideas of how to get past the speed maximum of light?

I would personally like to have teleporters by the time I die, not likely though.