EXCLUSIVE: Neopets Key Quest Beta Testing!

Superfly

If you were not aware, VERY early this morning Snarkie and a group of programmers released what they are calling "Closed Beta Testing" for Neopets soon to be released multiplayer game, Key Quest. Only the first 2,500 premium members were/are allowed to preview the game, chat with Neopets programmers (such as Snarkie) in a private NeoBoard to give feedback about what users liked and didn't like.

keyquestban.png

The Daily Neopets loves getting inside these special beta tests and this time not only were we able to get one staff member inside, we have TWO! Yay. That means double the quality for you, our visitors. We were able to gather our own, exclusive, screenshots (not having to rely on getting them from a Neopets user), explore Neopets Key Quest first hand, to really be able to give our visitors a detailed first-hand perspective on what it's like inside, and let me tell you, it's quite something.

Because of our advantage of having TDN staff members inside the private beta testing, you are going to see things on TDN that you will not see ANYWHERE else; and we aren't just talking about screenshots. Things like viewing the "tutorial" exactly how a premium beta tester would view it, right on a TDN page.

keys.png

Also the questions that Neopians just like yourself are probably asking, get answered by Snarkie herself, right here on The Daily Neopets. Avatar collectors and trophy collectors will be especially interested in this section, and Snarkie answers the questions 'Is there going to be a Key Quest avatar?' and 'Will there be trophies for our userlookups?'.

The Daily Neopets is your #1 exclusive news and information resource! :D

P.S. We would like to point out that it's 'Key Quest' with a space, not 'KeyQuest'. :D In case you were using it incorrectly.

Snapple Fact #201: Superfly, our news poster, has been awake for approximately 38+ straight hours working on mostly all of this cool stuff! He's now very tired and is going to go to bed for the rest of the entire weekend.

Good boy! Get some sleep now so I can go too!

I hope people will enjoy our Key Quest Coverage! Thanks to TJ and Brittney who did an awesome job on it ;)

Very cool! I've been wanting to find out more info about Key Quest since I've seen it. Excellent guide with lots of good information. I can't wait for Key Quest to be publically released.

And a typo here? "not having to reply on getting them from a neopets user"

You don't need tokens to play, there's a set of deafult ones. Plus, plushies will be in Canada soon.

Finally, Xepha and I manage to restrain TJ on the bed! :D Great Job TJ! :D

Ok we understand. Maybe the reason why TJ hasn't released it earlier is because he want it to be as comprehensive as possible. It is true that he has been awake for more than 30 hours... *now restrained on the bed, asleep* XD

This looks like a lot of fun! I wish I'd made it into the beta. I just didn't find out fast enough. Ah well. I'll get to play it when more of the kinks are worked out. It reminds me of some video games I've played before, like the Mario Party games and a couple of imports.

another direct money spinning tactic by TNT to line their pockets with extra revenue (not that there's anything wrong with that)

but with premium, Lutari island and now Neoquest I personally find the extra focus on commercial spin quite :S