constellation problems

Neomaster

No problem! We're always glad to help. :D

Don't bother yourself too much about the petpet - if it's troublesome, take a break and try again later.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem! We're always glad to help. :D

Don't bother yourself too much about the petpet - if it's troublesome, take a break and try again later.

LOL. Funny you should say that.. I just got it out first time on my fourth try after spending HOURS on it the previous three tries.

Hi there. I am currently working on the Altador plot. The star finder tool has not been working for me. It has not been a hassle for me, just an annoyance. I have managed to find all of the constellations up to the Gatherer. Now I am stuck. I have spent 2 days hunting for this star formation, tried to go back and make sure the steps were done and that I have visited everyone. Nothing.

Out of desperation I tried to get that star finder tool to work for me. I View Source, Cntrl A to select all, then cntrl C to copy it and lastly go to the window where the star tool is, hit cntrl V to paste the source code there and hit "Find Stars" and nothing happens. Nothing has ever happened. I see the source code printed in the box, but nothing else changes. It is like I am clicking a non-working link.

It has been like that with most of the star constellations I have tried to use this tool for, always having to finally rely on my own eyes to pick out the constellation.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thank you in advance!

Hmm... it sounds to me like you're inputting the wrong data. You need to copy the contents of this page into the constellation finder. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...
How do i get the stars to line up in the telescope like it shows in #22 in the guide?

You can't make the stars line up - you have to find the stars that do. :yes: Once you do, just click on the stars to connect them together.

You can't make the stars line up - you have to find the stars that do. :yes: Once you do, just click on the stars to connect them together.

I know and i can find the stars but i can't get then in telescope view like to shows in the guide

Hmm... I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Do you mean that you can't see the stars in your telescope?

i really dont like the petpet part. im stuck, and ive been stuck for soooooooo long!!! if theres any cheat or something like that to beat that part, i wish someone would tell me!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Stay on topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hmm... I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Do you mean that you can't see the stars in your telescope?

Yes i can see them but i have to move around to find them first, then i connect them and it tells me its not a constelltion

Are you sure that you connected the stars together in the same way as the guide shows? It should look almost exactly like this:

altadorplot_13.gif

What exact problem are you having when you try to connect them together? It might be useful if you could post a screenshot for us to look at. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

I need help with the Protector constellation.

I got the six star coordinates and found five of them; they are connected now. But the sixth just seems to be...missing. The last coordinate does not match. There is a star (with different coords) where it is supposed to be, but it refuses to connect it to the rest.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Got them to connect. But now...the submit option's not showing up?

I'm having trouble plotting the gatherer stars. I've already found the constellation, but no matter how or what order I plug the stars in it just won't register as a constellation. i was hoping someone could just tell me the exact order of stars to click, add, and what not to make the constellation recognizable to the plot. please help I've been plotting the same constellation for days!!!!!!! I'm at my wits end!! thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I really need help with the constellations part. I'm stuck on the Farmer constellation. I followed all the things I needed to do to get the Farmer, but when I submit it, it says it isn't valid. :crying: Please I need help! The strange thing about where the Farmer is supposed to be is near the First To Rise, but it's near the Sleeper...

I get my info from here:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-plot/part6/

I would put a screen shot but I don't know how to... Yeah, I'm a noob... :*

*EDIT*

Nevermind I found my problem... I connected one of the stars wrong... I am a noob! :yes: I glad I finally solved this. :cool:

I'm having the exact same problem as kawaiigirl12!!! But I dont think I connected my starts wrong.. I did it the exact same way as they show in the haystack! I've rechecked that the plots are the same as my constellation find at least 20 times, so I know thats not it. And I haven't skipped any steps. Please Help!!!!

Here is what my thing looks like

http://adoptoneguild.webs.com/altadorpart6screen.bmp

I think you may have missed connecting one of the stars. The star in the bottom right corner should be connected to the star just above it (the one the middle stalk is attached to.) That's how it worked for me.

~ Livvy

Okay. No problem. ;3 I took some screenshots of the telescope. The constellation tools seem to be working fine, giving me the correct coordinates and whatnot.

Here is what it looks like when I plot the coordinates and connect the dots:

http://i37.tinypic.com/16gnc7b.jpg

Here is what it says after:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2zrkroj.jpg

Um this is my same problem. ive tried adding the last star seperatly but it just says there is no constellation?

ive gone through everything again :( no luck

-that is with the "PROTECTOR" constellation-

Do you mean you can't find the stars matching the coordinates through the telescope? Be sure you're using your own star data and not the example star data the TDN guide provides.

~ Livvy