Tournement structure

Xepha

Hello everybody!

I'd like to get your opinion about the structure of the Altador Cup. What do you think of the double rounds robin and of the existence of the 2 side games? Will the finales be more exciting because of the new rule that will keep everybody in their team until the end (ie no switching once your team is eliminated and a fair battle between the top 4 teams!) How could the Altador Cup be improve in the future?

Discuss!

Double rounds robin gives teams that lost a chance to make a come back and defeat the other team. So it's a good idea.

Two side games are necessary because many people can't or don't like playing YYB. They can still participate. (Kinda like how in previous war plots, those who can't fight can contribute in other ways.) Although this divides up the time spend playing, and people don't know what game they should focus on.

No switching teams: well, many people are loyal to their team, and this way, they can stay in the team that they like, whether it's winning or losing.

Improvements: No idea =P Maybe tell the players how the scoring is done? But I doubt TNT would want to do that.

Yes, I disliked to have to support another team too... last year I joined a team for the finales (after a lot of pondering; I didn't like much any of the teams that were in finales). Finally, I went for Shenkuu and I didn't play a single game for them...

Most things are okay, but i'd really like it if they would say the min score for SS and MSN cause i have no idea if im gettin high enough, reading other topics i have a pretty good idea wut the min is though.

Also just minor but they should put your team in order of rank on the standings instead of it being on the top the whole time, kinda takes a bit to figure out ur teams rank if u calculate it all.

I don't even know what double round robin is, so...

But It always makes me feel like a chess tournament, so I like it.

its when you play the same team twice to get in the tournament and i think its a good idea

Guest Krawk Islander
I don't even know what double round robin is, so...

A double round robin is when each team plays each other twice. It's exactly as soccer leagues (I call it soccer here because some Americans might confuse our European football with their American football), where a team plays other away and then home (or vice-versa, doesn't matter).

This gives them both advantage on their home ground, so they have more possibility of winning the other, even if it's a stronger team facing a weaker one. As the AC is in Altador, there is no home/away advantage (except for Altador, which always plays at home and is the host of the tournament), but the playing style remains the same.

Also just minor but they should put your team in order of rank on the standings instead of it being on the top the whole time, kinda takes a bit to figure out ur teams rank if u calculate it all.

Well, they don't really want to give everything away. TNT has their own secrets. And besides, isn't your team more important than the others?

Guest Krawk Islander
Well, they don't really want to give everything away. TNT has their own secrets. And besides, isn't your team more important than the others?

Indeed, and if you want weighted standings, just check TDN. We have them for a reason, after all. :)

Personally I find the side games a very good idea. :yes: Not everybody likes Yooyuball after all - in fact, I'd like it if TNT decided to make more side games than they have currently, since it would give me more stuff to do during periods of boredom. :P I don't have any issues with the double round robin structure, although it does feel a bit long at times. Finally, I think that letting everybody play for their teams the whole way through is definitely one of the best aspects of this year's Altador Cup. It also gives you a reason to keep playing, even if your team isn't in the running for the cup itself. b)

As far as the structure, I'd never played in past tournaments, so maybe you all can answer this. When going for wins, is it weighted more important for a team to win YYB than the two side games? I find it interesting that Neopets lets you sort rank by any of the 3 games but... when I'm spending time playing in the day I wonder what's more important. Not counting that my team is generally weak in one of the 3 games, but I only have so much time.

I wish NP would let us know how it were weighted -- weighted as the games are in Ranking up? It seems random and shady otherwise. Is winning YYB for your team one day more important than winning the other two? It's nice to know where to concentrate efforts most.