Neopets Books in production; plus other merch

Samuel

Spotted by Google earlier today, and released on Neopet's usual PR Newsire, Neopets are planning to release a bounty of new merchindise, including a book series.

plush_cybunny_plushie.jpg

"NVCP (Nickelodean & Viacom Consumer Products) will be launching a range of tween-focused products in Fall 2008 that will bring the Neopets virtual world to the real world at mass retail. New product will be designed around a '360' product-to-web experience that will deepen the already engaging relationship that the Neopets community has with the site's characters and interactive features. Together with the recently announced Neopets innovations...these new products will further extend Neopets brand and super-serve its fans. Neopets publishing partner is Harper-Collins, who will create five titles that bring the rich Neopian stories and characters to book form, starring favorite characters as well as puzzle and activity books. NVCP will be adding partners to develop lines including: plush, apparel, accessories, toys, electronics, video games and stationary."

Neopets Merchendising was massively popular a few years ago, but has now mainly died down to plushies, t-shirts, trading card game packs, and video games.

Source

well Neopet is a big phenomen on the Web. Think about all the stuff you can find for let's say hello kitty or pokemon or something like mashimaro who was merely a rabit in flash animation... when i go in the chinese part of my town i always see some plush, crayon box, pencil, ect of him... he's only in flash animation so why shouldn't neopet get the merchandise they deserve.

I am someone who like to show sign of what I like in my room so if i could have a clock with a neopet or a notebook(i know they already exist). Maybe you find me silly If i buy offline merchandise(well i am not buying any shirt XD they aren't that good in my oppinion) I actually like to display plush and stuff in my room. ( I just wish they would do more species...)

anyway even if we weren't agreeing with this launche what could we do anyway ^^ so let's rejoice that this new money income will help improve the site.

Merchandise that look like an adult could wear or use. You know how the Harry Potter books have an adult version? Well, sort of like that. The site was meant for adults first, and adults still play it so it's only fair since it is parents who pay for their kids' premium accounts XD.

Well, I think I would buy some neopets stuff, if I was seeing some occasionnaly... they don't seem to do a lot of distribution in Québec... or it is in places where I don't go.

The book will probably end up in "La Grande Bibliothèque de Montréal" when they get out, so I'll have a look at them from there XD

Some more adult stuff would be nice too, although I would just love to own neopets stuffed animals. I'm still a big kid in my heart!

So you live in montreal Angelxepha(so do I XD) I haven't seen lot of merchandise from neopet but I did found some plushie and action figure in Wal Mart but it was merely luck...

the best chance for people not living in america to get goodies is yet again by the means of ebay and related website... it's quite a shame... I am looking forward to the day i can find lots of neopet stuff in store XD

Yeah... I think they have some stuff at wal-mart, but I don't go there often. I hate big stores. They give me headhache... And I don't buy stuff over Internet. No credit card, and I don't want one. XD

The 'adult' version is just a few pages bigger with some illustrations; the front cover is a photograph as opposed to a drawing; and it's only in Britain.

You might know that the British series all follow the same theme, instead of different drawings for each. They all look the same, just with a different colour scheme (much nicer, in my opinion, than the unorganised American versions :/).

It probably won't have much to do with Neopets at all; they'll be involved with the creativity and the marketing, but it'll be fuelled into MTVN, which'll split the money up between all of it's companies. I expect. ;)

• 1 month later...

San Francisco-based Wells Fargo & Co., the second-biggest U.S. mortgage lender, said July 26 it will stop funding subprime home loans for third-party mortgage brokers as defaults among the riskiest borrowers surge. Calabasas, California-based Countrywide Financial Corp., the biggest U.S. mortgage lender, reported July 24 its third straight decline in quarterly profit as late loan payments increased. See more...