Battledome Veteran now for non-vets?

Tigersaurusrex

So I visited the battledome today (I visited it earlier today as well) and was greeted by this:

glitch_zps16563395.png

This is my newest account and it's only 2 months old, so obviously I have no records from the old battledome. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a glitch? Did Neopets change the requirements for the avatar? I mean I'm happy to get a new avatar but I just think it's weird and I'd like to know if anyone knows what's going on.

Also, I double checked my userlookup and neoboard preferences; I definitely have the avatar now.

Seems to be a glitch? I wasn't around for the old BD, but I'd love to get another avatar.. Maybe I can get it too?

Just went to the BD & also got the avatar :s

Whoa, weird. O_o It must be a glitch, since you don't have the trophy... :/

Glitch or not, it was a pleasant surprise for me as well. ^^

Now watch them take it anyway just because.

I know, right? I'm going to bed soon and I swear it just won't be there when I wake up and I'm going to think it was all a dream. I'm going avatar-crazy @n@

What were the qualifications for that avatar and trophy as long as you were playing neopets at the time? I thought everyone got it. >.<

What were the qualifications for that avatar and trophy as long as you were playing neopets at the time? I thought everyone got it. >.<

Everyone that had at least one win in the old BD got it. The old BD was taken down in October? November? So the OPs account is clearly too young to have done that.

I don't think it's necessarily a glitch. They originally gave it to everyone who had battled in the old BD, calling them veterans because they'd clearly been around the BD for a while. Well, maybe after a certain number of days/battles, you can get it in the new BD.

Or - have you recently acquired a pet that had a previous BD record? Because transferring one of my pets to a side, I managed to get the avatar (this was a while back, though) but I thought that was what made it possible.

Come to think of it, I do have a pet that is old (I adopted it about a week ago), maybe that's why? But then again not sure why it didn't pop up beofre..

I would recommend reporting this to TNT as a glitch before you get frozen for something you didn't do intentionally. You can never be too safe..

I honestly doubt they would freeze you for a mistake that they themselves have made. It's happened to loads of people by the sound of it, it would be ridiculous to send out a glitchy avatar and freeze everyone that got it.

It does seem to be a glitch considering what was needed to unlock it originally, but I doubt they'd be able to freeze every account that got it because of the glitch. As most people go to the battledome daily, would seem ridiculous for them to do that. Doubt they could do much about it unless they could go & take it off the accounts that aren't supposed to be able to unlock it ;/

Or - have you recently acquired a pet that had a previous BD record? Because transferring one of my pets to a side, I managed to get the avatar (this was a while back, though) but I thought that was what made it possible.

Both my pets were made on my account. My bori was the pet I created when I made my account, and my lutari was made on the recent lutari day.

I would recommend reporting this to TNT as a glitch before you get frozen for something you didn't do intentionally. You can never be too safe..

I didn't report it, exactly, but I submitted a question to the NTimes and hopefully they'll answer it next issue! I'm hoping that they either changed the requirements, or all along the requirements were just having used the BD for a certain amount of time or something. But since so many people just got it today I feel like it was some sort of sudden change (glitch or intentional), and not something about the avatar all along. If that makes sense.

EDIT: Bah I was gonna make a new post so you all would get notified but I forgot that my post was the last one! TNT addressed the avatar in this week's editorial, and it was indeed a glitch.

glitch2_zps675bb387.png

I just checked and I seem to still have the avatar, so I'm not sure if they mean that it won't happen again or if it will just take a while for them to remove the avatar from the collections of those who weren't supposed to get it. We'll see, I guess ^-^'''''