Can you hold dwon f5 for the refresh avatars?

Divinum

For example the Game Graveyard Avatar, which takes a lot of page refreshes, is it possible for me to just hold down f5? I know that refreshes it extremely quickly, but it doesn't really let the page load at all before refreshing again so I wasn't sure if I could still obtain the avatar that way, if I could it would certainly be an easier method xD

I got that avatar by having one tab open for chat preferences to check my newest avatar and one tab open to refresh on the game graveyard. I held down the f5 button for about 5 seconds to have it refresh as much as possible. Then I would go and check to see if I had gotten the avatar yet if not I did one normal refresh and then held down f5 again for about 5 seconds.

As I hear it, as long as you don't have some bot-program refreshing for you and you aren't just holding f5 for an hour then you should be good. :)

Good luck

I've heard on the boards of people being frozen for using f5, especially Chrome users. TNT states that it's okay to use as long as it's done manually, but it's possible to get iced even doing that.

A member of the forums suggests tapping f5 instead of holding it down, but in all honesty I would just stick to ctrl+r and not risk it.

Good luck getting the avvie ^_^

That's how I got the Drackonack Avvie around a month ago. I suppose as long as you pause regularly to check your avvies, you should be okay. I didn't have issues. And I am not sure Ctrl+R will make any difference, I don't think TNT can see which key you have pressed, just what your browser is fetching and how often. And F5 and Ctrl+R do the same thing so as far as the browser and TNT are concerned, it's the same deal. Glad you got it so quickly!

Using a button on your keyboard is freeze-able too? TNT never ceases to amaze me. I tried holding it for 5 seconds then doing a couple regular refreshes and I got it in no time ! Thanks for your help guys, I may have gotten frozen without your help it seems ;)

Splendid! Glad you were able to get it so quickly. I feel like as long as you have something going on between your refreshes i.e. checking for your a/v maybe doing a daily or two, you won't raise any red flags... I mean for some of the refresh avatars (or battledome challengers) there is no point of being on the page other than to refresh...

I lost my previous account (created in 1999) due to refreshing for the Snow Beast .. I might have held the F5 for a couple minutes more than allowed .. I don't know .. but I'm sure that I didn't hold it for 10 minutes straight or something ... yet that still flagged my account and they froze me on the spot ...

so my advice is ... IF you want to hold down F5 , do it for no more than a minute ... then stop ... refresh normally ... etc

Congrats on getting it! :D

That's how I got the Drackonack Avvie around a month ago. I suppose as long as you pause regularly to check your avvies, you should be okay. I didn't have issues. And I am not sure Ctrl+R will make any difference, I don't think TNT can see which key you have pressed, just what your browser is fetching and how often. And F5 and Ctrl+R do the same thing so as far as the browser and TNT are concerned, it's the same deal. Glad you got it so quickly!

I use ctrl + r simply cause I don't refresh nearly as fast and I take more breaks. My hand cramps XD With f5 I'm pretty sure I could tap forever.

I've used F5 for the game graveyard and drackonack avvies, and before I knew you could get frozen for it, I'd hold it for maybe thirty seconds at a time... but five seconds is what I do now. And maybe if your internet's really fast, you'd be better off tapping.

When I got the game graveyard (yeeeeeeeears ago) avvie I got it by taping my f5 key down (I know that isn't allowed! I didn't think it was a problem at the time because I wasn't using a program.) But yeah, I taped it down, and then went for dinner -- came back after a couple hours and I had the avatar. Thinking about it now, I can't believe I didn't get a warning or something.

OP, I'm glad you got yours so fast! :D

When I got the game graveyard (yeeeeeeeears ago) avvie I got it by taping my f5 key down (I know that isn't allowed! I didn't think it was a problem at the time because I wasn't using a program.) But yeah, I taped it down, and then went for dinner -- came back after a couple hours and I had the avatar. Thinking about it now, I can't believe I didn't get a warning or something.

OP, I'm glad you got yours so fast! :D

I think TNT are a lot stricter with that sort of activity now :( It's pretty crazy you got away with that!! Must have been a long time ago :O

I think TNT are a lot stricter with that sort of activity now :( It's pretty crazy you got away with that!! Must have been a long time ago :O

It was! I think it was back when I first started my current account -- so about 7 years!

I feel old, haha.

I guess they've had to tighten up the rules-- it seems like everyone cheats now- it's pretty sad!