pet display bar glitch

r_k_chic47

okay so you know how on like every screen of neopets, your active pet will have its own display bar at the left side of the screen? well mine is always half-covered-up by whatever page im on. i dont know if its because of all the advertisements, or what, but its annoying not being able to see all the information in the pet bar. if anyone knows how i can fix this, please let me know! and also, if there is a way to get rid of the advertisements on neopets, like the ones at the top of the screen and at the bottom, please also tell me!

=]

What browser and operating system are you using? It's hard to diagnose a problem without those two. Also, have you tried using a different computer? What happens then?

Well, I use Internet Explorer as my browser...I always have lol. And this is the only computer we have, so I can't use a different one. But from what I recall, when I went on neopets on my sister's computer, I had the same problem. So I thought maybe it was my neopets settings that was making this happen? Idk, it never used to do that, just starting this month it has.

Try downloading Firefox 3 (it'll help set the world record) and use Firefox to access Neopets. (Firefox is the better browser, by far) If that still doesn't work, it's probably not the browser's fault.

okay, i downloaded firefox and i am using it now...it fixed my problem, so thank you. BUT, now i have another problem: everything takes a LOT longer to load, and on the "map of neopia" screen, the picture of the world of neopia doesnt show up.

It might take everything longer to load because the internet files haven't yet been cached to your local hard drive. Just wait a day or two.

Concerning the World Map screen, try refreshing it.

Also, you might want to check that you have Flash player installed for Firefox. :yes:

As for removing the ads on Neopets, you can check out TDN's guide here.

Well that's good... mostly. *glares at Adobe*

*ahem* So is the Map of Neopia still not showing up, even after refreshing?

Actually, I've already fixed all the problems I was having :P but i do have another question and i know it sounds stupid but...where on neopets do you go to change your avatar?

NEVERMIND i just figured that out too lol im so stupid :P

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Well I'm glad to hear that you got things sorted out. :yes: If you need any more help, go ahead and ask.