The Secret Laboratory

Whacker

I have finally gathered 1m of NP together and I'm wondering if the lab is worth spending nearly all of my savings on. It seems like fun zapping my pets every day into who knows what, and I hear it helps their stats quite a bit for the battledome. Plus, its a guaranteed few more avatars I've been eying.

But is it worth spending so much on? Or should I be saving up or investing rather than spending it in one go..

I need some opinions :)

thanks

It is well worth the price, but it is a LOT cheaper if you buy each piece seperately, as full sets make the seller a percentage of its actual value, atop its real value. It is a great thing to have, I have 4 painted pets from it stashed on my side, including a snow pet for the avatar. It can also help with stats.

The difference is that large? I looked around for the cheapest prices on wizard and TP. I came up with 964k for the set in individual pieces which is not that much better than the 980k or so the whole set would go for. Is the TP overpriced?

It depends who on the TP you buy from. There are a few people that buy out all the single peices and then put it up on the TP as a full map. Sometimes you can haggle and sometimes you can't. Most of the time you should be able to get it between 970K and 1Mil.

It started inflating about a year ago I think, I had an older account with lab on all my sides, and they only cost me 500k, then all of a suddent they are up to 1 mil. I think because people are buying them more now, one for pet trading, and two, more new members are joining each day, so therefore demand is higher.

It's part of the general strain on the Neopian economy that's causing so much trouble these days.

But yeah, if you're looking for stat increases or rare colours, you can't really beat the lab ray.