What price is the Lab Ray currently?

Fluoro

I've been saving for quite a while for the Secret Laboratory Map pieces, although it's quite frustrating when the price seems to fluctuate so often :eh: The average price looks to be about 1 million, but I've heard that if you buy the pieces individually you can find some neat bargains and save money :) I've asked many times on the neoboards, and the responses have varied. So I decided to come out of lurking and ask those who have bought the lab ray recently.

Something else that I found while asking people was that not such a long time ago, the map cost between 500k-700k. Do you think that this price was too cheap for the pieces, considering their rarity, or do you think that the lab ray is overrated or inflated? :O

The Lab Ray should not cost 1 mil, you can definitely work that price down to maybe even half that.

As for if it's worth it? In my opinion? No. Not anymore. Back when I got the lab ray, pieces were like 10k-15k a piece. Some even got below that, and they were averagely around 11k. Back then, at cheaper than 100k, it was definitely worth it, but at the immense price it comes with, I don't feel it's worth it anymore. It can raise up your stats pretty effectively, especially strength and hitpoints, but it's just too expensive now. Really, it's a matter of opinion, if you feel like you want to put that much money towards it go for it.

But I wouldn't buy it for more than 800k. :O

Full map prices is about 1,2mil. I zap every day and i love it. I think its worth it. So many possible outcomes when one uses it. I have 1 main and 2 side accounts and all 3 have the Lab map attached. Prices has been raising from about 800k for a full map to 1,2mil since i joined neopets. My sides paid the inflated price and main 800k.

I think that if you are gonna use the SLM every day, then its worth it.

I got it when it was still around 500k and I thought it was kind of expensive even then (I remember when it was cheaper than that), so I definitely sympathize with you, it's inflated quite ridiculously. o_O I think it's worth it though, for a lot of reasons: 1.) The stat changes can get a little boring when that's all you get for a few weeks, but you almost always come out ahead over the long run in everything except level (which hardly matters anyway until you want to start training with codestones again), so your lab pet can eventually double as your BD pet if you don't already have a decent one. 2.) The species/color changes can sometimes get you pets needed for an avatar (for instance, my first lab pet spent time as a Skeith and a Jetsam); and 3.) The color/species changes are worth it anyway since you can get expensive colors or rare pets (or just ones you happen to like regardless of rarity) that would have cost much more than the map to get, or maybe couldn't have been gotten any other way -- thanks to the ray, I have a Lutari and a Zombie Aisha that I would never have had otherwise; and the pet I'm currently zapping has been Desert, Starry, and Island so far. So, obviously, I highly recommend the Lab; and if you can I suggest buying the pieces individually. Good luck! :)

I forgot to say that i have gotten several color changes, incl pink (yay avatar), island, 2*chocolate (ogrin and ruki), cloud and a couple more i cant remember. So it has definitely paid it self. The pink PB is worth 2,3mill, Island PB worth around 4,5-5mill and since i paid: 800k+(2*1,2mill)= 3,2mill, it has giving way more than what i paid for all 3 maps combined. Not to mention the poogle i just got from zapping.

And of stats on main i have gotten: 130HP, 60 strength, 20 defense, 30 agi and roughly around 30 levels.

I bought mine on my old account on Neo for about 200K ... wow I'm old!

Some of the pieces sell for 50K-70K while others sell for over 200K! I think TNT is trying to decrease the price on the overinflated pieces. But I wouldn't count on it dropping much in price. I suggest collecting all the pieces you can and selling them later for huge profit.

As for whether it is worth it. It depends. I, for one, don't put much value in my pets' colors or species. Or even the battledome. If you do, however, it is a great investment.

I bought mine on my old account on Neo for about 200K ... wow I'm old!

Some of the pieces sell for 50K-70K while others sell for over 200K! I think TNT is trying to decrease the price on the overinflated pieces. But I wouldn't count on it dropping much in price. I suggest collecting all the pieces you can and selling them later for huge profit.

As for whether it is worth it. It depends. I, for one, don't put much value in my pets' colors or species. Or even the battledome. If you do, however, it is a great investment.

Yeahh I know what you mean. I feel so old, I bought the lab map at cheaper than anybody I know. :eh: That was years ago though, it's at over 10x the price as it used to be. One piece costs more than the whole set used to be. Kind of sad.

Inflation sucks doesn't it. :sad01_anim:

But whether or not the lab ray is worth it depends on what you're looking for. As far as long-term stat increases or rare colour changes are concerned, the lab ray is a pretty good option. Otherwise, there aren't really many reasons to get it.

Depends how you pay for it. If you buy a full map on the TP you should not pay more than 900K - 1Mil, if you buy them seperately then you should get them a little cheaper, but not that much, although it depends who you buy off.

Personally I don't have one, because I would not zap my Jetsam or my Tonu at the fear of them becoming something else!! But I know people who love them and I wish I had zapped my Jetsam before I morphed it!!

Thanks for all the informative replies, it's really helped :) I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and keep saving for the SLM, and maybe if I take my time and buy piece by piece I might get lucky in an RE or Tarla event. Even if I don't, by the sounds of it, buying pieces separately will save me some money.

The main reason I'm going to save for it is the Battledome, I think - I'm too lazy/forgetful to train my pets, and always regret it when a war comes around. Who knows, it might even get me some dream or avatar pets.

Thanks for the helpful input, everyone - and apologies for bumping a 3-day-old topic!