Neopets Is Really Good

tempdisplay

I noticed this before but now I think it's time to acknowledge it. Neopets isn't just a fun website to play games and do other stuff but it also teaches us responsibility like taking care of precious things like pets and earning money and saving that money and using it wisely.

So I would like to gives props to Neopets.com!

---------------------

BlueandPets3.jpg

Yes that is true - part of the appeal of Neopets is that it gives people a preliminary experience of the responsibilities of life, while still keeping things relatively fun. In fact, almost every game does this in some way or other (I wrote an essay on that a while back :P ).

Not sure how all the ads, scammers, flamers, etc. contribute to that though...

^^^ Lols it is just like in "real life" AA, they shove ads at you, they scam your stuff from you :P

It may not happen to everyone but it is a true statement. Neopets has hackers and scammers and ads, just like in real life :yes:

Why not??

You say neopets is good because it teaches you stuff for "real life", but the same goes for hacking and scamming. They are just like stealling and breaking and entering. It may be on a computer and on a RPG, but it is still the same thing. We all watch TV and they all have ads on them, the same goes for Neopets, it has ads all over it.

I am confused as to why you say it is not similar to "real life", when you say that neopets teaches you stuff for in the "real world"?

THere are scammers in real life, in just as great numbers ad on Neopets. At least what they scam or hack from you on Neopets is just virtual.

I haven't really learned much from Neopets, but I guess that's because my life has already taught me so much =) when you're the second oldest in a family with very little money ad a sick father who then dies in your late teens, responsibility and hard life lessons come early. I've known about being wise with money and not to just tust everyone long ago.

But yes, it is an experience for kids to learn from. But I think it seems that a lot of people don't care. When I'm on the boards, I see SO MANY sad pets under an users name, and people who have been playing for years are plentily among them.

But Neopets is like having a real pet, kind of. And pets are a great way to teach children responsibility - if the parents make the kids do their part instead of just doing it for them when the kids start to loose interest.

If I had kids, which I won't because I do NOT like children *LoL* I would teach them about life by having pets and make them take care of them, also the dumb parts such as poo and pee, food, walks, training, baths ect. And I would sit them down when they're old enough and show them how everything in our home is payed for: this is how much I make before and after taxes, these are the regular expenses (heat, water, rent/morgage, electricity, loan and car and other payments ect.) and then this is what's lft for food, clothes, gas, schoolstuff, toys, furniture, fun things (movies, themeparks ect.). So they get why they can't have everything they want right away all the time.

Good points have been raised in this topic, which I agree with. :yes: My remark about scammers and such was more of a subtle complaint than anything else. :P

I haven thought about this before, come to think of it, I think you are right as said by many of you here, I acturally really like to have a pet but due to the big responsibility and the chores of taking care a pet, I prefer taking care of pets in neopets since its easier to take care of them you can also do other stuffs like reading books to them and they even talk to you sometimes(which will never see in real life) even thought they do talk to you but not in English :laughingsmiley: