Sigh school work

Amie

I shouldn't really complain too much, Ido an art course at home, so I don't even need to change out of my pjs (hence why they are covered in paint). I'm just having on of those days when you run out of ideas and are feelling generally down. And so I'mm dumping it on you haha. :P

• 2 weeks later...

So, this school work has to do with art? I like art. I always have ideas, and if I don't, I'll keep drawing/painting anyway. I just need to work on getting exactly what is in my mind to the paper. So it's not that hard. If you can't think of anything to paint, don't think at all. That's called Modern Art. :P

Well if you get a mental block of any sort (I suppose that since writing is an art, writer's block can be applied to any other art as well), it would probably be helpful to go do something completely different for a while, and come back to the task at hand afterwards. At least it works for me. :yes:

Well if you get a mental block of any sort (I suppose writing is an art, so writer's block can be applied to any other art as well), it would probably be helpful to go do something completely different for a while, and come back to the task at hand afterwards. At least it works for me. :yes:

What do you mean you... "suppose" ...writing is an art? Of course writing is an art. Lol. I'm a published writer! But yes, the best advice is to just keep on working on your art. Even if you're not sure if what you are creating is good, or you think it's bad... just let the creative juices keep flowing. Don't discard something immediately when you first think it is bad, either... always sleep on it. I've written stuff I hated, but after reading it again, I knew exactly what I needed to change.

XD I typed that sentence wrongly, probably because I wasn't fully awake at that point in time. I meant to say "I suppose that since writing is an art, writer's block can be applied to any other art as well". :yes:

I also tend to file away ideas (such as failed stories and such) and come back to them when I need inspiration. That technique has always worked for me.